Trouble TTC

N3TR - Work Vent

I know its not 3TR at all, but I am so mad at my work right now! Sometimes the miliary just really really sucks. Every now and again you have to pull a 24 hour gaurd duty, regardless of your job. Everyone has to do, but there are rules about it too. You're not supposed to have it too close together and you get 24hrs recovery time and other stuff.

I had this 24hr duty this past saturday, then I have tomorrow, AND next wednesday! Thats three 24hr shifts in 11 days! PLUS they have me on another detail as of today that is at night...so I have to do a night detail the night before my 24hr duty. Of course, they dont give a crap at all, because in the Army you're just a warm body and not a person.

Then the army wont cover my dental work, that I desperately need. They told me to just suck it up since the only guy who is on base that can do it is leaving for a conference from Mar-July. 20,000+ soldiers on this base and we have ONE doctor who can perform this work. And they tell me to just suck it up, especially if I'm in Afghanistan for the next year.

So with all of this, plus school and midterms, and RE appts...I feel like I've got the Clomid Rage again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: N3TR - Work Vent

• I am sorry hon.  That sounds pretty crappy.  And it sounds like they are breaking the "rules" on you.  That sucks!!
  • Ew! I'm sorry they're being so hard on you. And how does someone leave for 4 damn months with no equivalent replacement?!
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know! I'm SO mad right now! All day I've been angry. Now I come home and my cable is out! My new neighbors got theirs installed today and they screwed up mine in the process. I'm about to have a conniption! haha

I hate how they are b!itching about everyone pulling their weight, and yet there are tons of people who havent pulled this duty at all - let alone the additional details. In the army, its all about having the right friends in the right places. I'm so fed up with how I'm treated, and yet I'm still expected to put my life on the line in just a few months.

And with dental - I desperately need this surgery. I'm getting a full mouth rehab - crowns on all my remaining teeth, a bridge, and upper/lower implants. Serious stuff. The army pulled out all my back teeth so i cant eat any hard food and its challenging to eat in general. But they still want me to go to Afghanistan like this. They refuse to let me civilian dentist do it in less than two months time. They'd rather have me suffer for over a year.

They say the military has great medical benefits - but they refuse to pay for my dental, they pay for almost nothing for IF, they dont even pay for decent looking glasses and definitely not contacts. Now they're cutting our combat pay? That means we'll make $7 a day to potentially die for our country. Wow.

Days like this make me want to quit. I'm fighting for a cause that refuses to fight for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"