High-Risk Pregnancy

New to bed rest

Last week I had a growth u/s that showed that baby is measuring small and my fluid levels are low. For now I am on modified bed rest and have weekly u/s to keep an eye on things. 

Any bed rest advice is appreciated! I'm doing okay so far but I'm already starting to get a bit sore from needing to be on my left side so much.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: New to bed rest

• I am new to bed rest too. Maybe we can keep each other sane! LOL. I hope that everything goes well for you. What will you be doing to keep yourself busy while on BR?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi - sorry to hear about your situation, but you will find yourself in good company on this board.  Someone posted yesterday who was new - take a look at that post to see some replies about how we pass/passed the time.  Also - there is a daily check-in post that is great for getting to know some other girls on the board, have a little fun, get support and info.

Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekstockdale2011:
    I am new to bed rest too. Maybe we can keep each other sane! LOL. I hope that everything goes well for you. What will you be doing to keep yourself busy while on BR?

Good luck to you as well! I've been doing a lot of reading and tv watching. Thank goodness for Netflix! I'm on modified BR (2 hrs up, 2 down) so my toddler keeps me busy when I can be up. So far we're getting by without too much help. Right now Im hoping the time on BR goes quickly and we get as close to term as possible!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry you have to be on bed rest, I hope everything works out for you. 

If you have to, lie on your right side for a while, it's better than nothing.  You can also get creative with pillows.  Keeping a pillow between your knees helps with hip pain, and I like to keep a pillow behind my back to lean back on a bit to take some of the pressure off my side.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I am also new to bed rest. I don't have any suggestions for the soreness, but I am keeping myself busy with Facebook, the bump, NetFlix, books, Wii, texting friends, and the really odd reality tv shows that are on during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"