Babies: 3 - 6 Months

My Heart (& Family) Feels Complete

Among the usual barrage of posts about sleep training, solids and the 4 month wakeful period, I just want to express how elated I am with our new family of 4. Long-ish story short, DH and I had planned (somewhat reluctantly for me) to stop with our firstborn son... but, almost exactly a year ago, a surprise pregnancy took our lives on a different -- and very thrilling -- course. As I sit here holding DS #2 in my arms, I'm overwhelmed with emotions and thank my lucky stars for this most amazing gift. I'm one extremely blessed mama!

Anybody else have a similar story? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Heart (& Family) Feels Complete

• I had always said I wanted to be one & done.

And then my ex-husband and I got pregnant with twins. After our divorce, I was sure I'd never have another child.

Then I met my husband, and his daughter, and a surprise pregnancy later and we now have 4 children.

But I am done. DONE DONE DONE! 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• I'm a never-married single mom, gave up my pilot career in the Air Force to provide stability for my daughter, and it's 100% the best thing that's ever happened to me. :) I'm happier with her than I've ever been in my entire life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We always knew we wanted 2 children.  We had our first and then we were planning to try for #2 when #1 was 18 months.  Well when #1 turned one we found out I was pg again!  She was a surprise and we weren't ready, but I wouldn't change it for anything.  
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • What a nice post!  We also planned on being one and done, but we fell so in love with our DD that we decided to try again.  That was not as easy as we had thought.  After a long time trying and two losses we have welcomed DD#2.  I also feel happy and complete.  I try to remember every day how truly blessed I am!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So nice!  We always planned on two... but after we finally had #2, our family felt incomplete.  So happy to have our precious baby swinging away.  It's nice to have a bigger family and, though the baby is still tiny and hasn't fully shown his personality or taken his role in our family, we feel way more complete now.
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • When my second son was born, I said "done." I then promptly got pregnant with #3. I said done after #3 and six years later had #4. DH and I decided to have #5. Would I do anything differently? No. Each one has added something new and different to my family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"