Special Needs
Options

It's Brag Wednesday, right?

I've been holding on to this one since the weekend.  

So, as some of you know, DS doesn't really talk.  He knows lots of words but his speech is more about naming things than actually communicating a want or a need.  HOWEVER, this weekend may possibly have changed that.  He has a "sentence".  If he wants you to open the door (any door), he will walk up to it, point to it, and then when you ask him "what?" he'll say "opee a doo" which in DS-speak is open the door.  I just about fell down when he said it!  

And they must be teaching "oh no" and "uh-oh" because he's taken to accidentally/on purpose dropping things and saying "oh no!!!"  It's actually adorable.

So yeah, my little guy had his first sentence at 27+ months.  So unbelievably happy.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: It's Brag Wednesday, right?

• Options

YEP! I guess will be the official brag thread.....

Yeah for sentences!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That's awesome. :) 

DD1 has been so kind to DD2 lately. If she gets a banana for breakfast, she splits it and gives part to DD2. Today after we got done with preschool, she volunteered to help Elsa get her shoes and coat off, and did it.

And DD2 is loving it. She has started saying, "I love Mama. I love Sophie very much!"

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

Way cool! ha! DS said "Open door" a few weeks ago and started pounded the door when DH was in the restroom!

DS says "poop" now, so his potty training may be very close.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! My DD really come a long way in making eye contact with us recently. She has been initiating it which she wasn't doing a couple of months ago.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options

imageLouise06:
    Yay! My DD really come a long way in making eye contact with us recently. She has been initiating it which she wasn't doing a couple of months ago.

That she's initiating it is super awesome.  Yay!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

That is so cool! I know you are over the moon. Im waiting for Sister to start talking one of these days.

My brag is that Sister has finally started waving to people when they initiate goodbye with her. We have been working on this for a long time and she did it unpromted Monday!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"