Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Pregnant on Mirena?

All of the websites I have seen say that there is a 1% chance of getting pregnant while on Mirena, but I know of a couple of women who have gotten pregnant while they had it. Has anyone here gotten pregnant while they had the Mirena? I'm asking because I've had it since last May and I have always had a little bit of a period on a regular basis, but this month I did not. I'm trying to figure out if Mirena has finally taken away my period, or if I could be knocked up. Obviously, a pregnancy test could tell me for sure, I am planning on taking one after work, but I was wondering what my chances are, besides what the websites are trying to convince me of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Pregnant on Mirena?

• I am a Mirena user. All of the literature I have read says that it is 99% effective. Did these women you know have their Mirena checked regularly?  If it dislodges and floats elsewhere then you could become pg.

Mirena can cause you to stop having periods. If you are reading reputable websites, then what makes you think they are trying to convince you of something that isn't true?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJandy09:

I am a Mirena user. All of the literature I have read says that it is 99% effective. Did these women you know have their Mirena checked regularly?  If it dislodges and floats elsewhere then you could become pg.

Mirena can cause you to stop having periods. If you are reading reputable websites, then what makes you think they are trying to convince you of something that isn't true?

It was the Mirena website, it could be just using that as advertising, and not everything on the internet is true. I check mine regularly and it's in there the way it should be but I'm paranoid that I'm going to get pregnant again despite all of the precautions that I take. I am no where near ready for another baby right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"