Stay at Home Moms

s/o pee pee tee pees

I am totally knocking on wood here, but am I the only mom of a boy that has not had a pee issue? I have yet to get peed on. I throw a wipe over him if it's more than a quick change. He pees in the tub quite often and he has peed during a change, but it's never really been a problem.

I was so stressed about it when he was first born and it's been a non-issue. Am I just lucky or do people just over dramatize baby boys fire hoses?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o pee pee tee pees

• Maybe once or twice in the very beginning, but it was never an issue.

In the grand scheme of baby issues/things to worry about, this was never on my radar

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Hasn't really been an issue here. Sometimes he'll start to go right as I open the diaper, so I just put the diaper back down until he's done.

Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When DS was a newborn he peed every time he was exposed to air. As soon as we figure that out we covered him with a washcloth when we changed him and it was no longer an issue.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't remember it being an issue. DS only peed during a diaper change a couple times and I never got it on me. He did pee in the bath often though. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We never used one, but DS has peed in my MOUTH!! Ewww! He started to pee and I screamed 'oh no' and it went right in my mouth.  So maybe I should have used a pee pee tee pee.  :)
    April 2009
  • My DH has a bigger issue than I do with this...  It's pretty easy to figure out DS that if the firehose is pointing upward or it's cold in the room work quick or keep it covered otherwise he'll go but I think I've had once that he did and that was at the ped's office...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He would pee like once a week during diaper change the first 2 months. It hasnt been an issue since. 
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • Never have I gotten peed on-

I don't bother putting anything over it

However if he is in the tub- he will stand up and pee = EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Its only happened to us once so far and that was all over himself, not me.  I don't even cover it up during changes as you can tell when he is about to go.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS1 would pee ALL the time he was exposed to air as a newborn. DS2 never really did. 
  • I think people over dramatize it. We never had a pee issue either.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it's mostly an old wives tale.  I think I've seen the little geyser maybe twice on the changing table between both boys. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It only happened to us twice... and both times were before he was a month old. I was changing him on my parents sofa, and next thing I knew... Luckily my parents were so excited about him, they totally didn't care. The second time was all over a wall... No biggie.

• Oh I got peed on several times, but it was never an issue. When he was younger, I covered him with a washcloth during changes, and that worked pretty well. The biggest problem was when he would pee in the changing table drawer lol, but that was an easy cleanup. It's actually all pretty amusing to me ;)

• It's never been a problem for us.  A couple of times when he was a newborn DS started peeing during a diaper change but I just put a wash cloth over top.  Other than that he never pees when I take off his diaper.

He's so squirmy during diaper changes, I don't think a pee pee tee pee would have ever worked for us. 

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've gotten peed on and DS has peed on himself.  Many times.  I chalk it up to my ignorance in letting it just hang out there, not paying attention during diaper changes.

• My mom was asking me about these things the other day...

Really, mom? It's just pee. NBD.

Elk is only three weeks old, but he's peed on himself (and in his own mouth, poor little guy) more times than he's peed on me so far.

I don't really care about pee. It's sterile.

I'm a little tired of being puked/spit up on, but what can you do?

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Just once or twice from each boy when they were brand new and that's it.  Totally dud not need the pee pee tee pee :-P
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Worked infant/toddler care for many years. Changed many, many diapers on many, many different children. Never got peed on.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that all the babies were 6 weeks old or more by the time I got them. Don't know.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I just said the same thing in the previous thread.  I think DS may have peed a couple times as a newborn during a diaper change but that's it.  In fact, I want to say that DD peed more during diaper changes than DS ever did.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS peed nearly every diaper change until he was around 6 months old.  I got pretty good about anticipating it.   DD still occasionally does it.  Drives me crazy.  She'll get this shocked look on her face, like, whoa, where did that come from?!  
  • I've never been peed on........
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • The first time a baby boy peed on me I was 12 and babysitting my cousin. Freaked me out. But now as a mom of a son, its pretty much a non-issue.  He's gotten me a few times on the arm and hand but nothing more than that usually.

When DS was in the hospital at 6 months old his catheter came unhooked a few times (from the collection bag thing) and got both me and my mom soaked. After that a little tinkle is nothing.

• Someone gave me those Pee Pee Tee Pees as a shower gift for Ben and they are a joke

Ben never peed on himself/me until he was 10 or 11 months old.  I think that was the only time it ever happened. 

• I also got the teepees as a shower gift and they were completely useless...DS1 was way too active and the thing wouldn't stay in place.  I learned to use a washcloth as well.

DS1 did have quite a few pee incidents...he once peed in DH's ear, he peed in his own mouth and he managed to pee on the wall behind the pnp (we were changing him on it).  At 18 months he started peeing on me during diaper changes again, but this time it was on purpose and it was how I learned that he could control his pee and we then started potty training.  Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"