Multiples
Options

Weird question about blood pressure

Yesterday I went for my regular 2 week dr. appt.  I was 16w2d.  My blood pressure was 98/51.  Is it normal for your blood pressure to be this low with multiples?  My husband seemed to think that it might be because the blood has more places to go but since I'm producing more blood right now I kinda don't think that's the reason.

Is this at all normal? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: Weird question about blood pressure

• Options
    Mine was low in the beginning, then normal toward the end.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options

not uncommon for it to be lower early in your pg.  Mine dropped pretty low at times and I almost passed out a few times. I was having horrible dizzy spells around 17 weeks- so my OB told me to drink more caffiene and have more salt (ironically 2 things I was avoiding)... so any time i felt dizzy i'd eat some potato chips- and it helped a lot.

later in the pg my BP was up... never got too high- but was creeping up more and more towards the end.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With the twins, my BP stayed low until the very end, when I developed pre-e/hellp. With this pregnancy, it has stayed low (same as yours) the whole way through. Make sure you're drinking a lot of fluids and getting enough salt in your diet too. Low BP is a good thing, but can sometimes make you light headed. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

i have higher blood pressure pre-pregnancy and have been on medication. my blood pressure dropped quite a bit from week 4 to 12, so i had to cut my dose. during week 12 i had an episode where it was the weekend and i didn't drink as much water as i do during the week (when i'm on more of a schedule and sitting in one place with my water bottle all day). my blood pressure took a scary dive and got way too low due to dehydration--the babies took the water they needed from my blood and decreased my blood volume. as soon as i drank 24 oz of water, i felt much better and it rose to a normal level.

kind of off topic but watch out for this too. i would have never thought that not drinking enough water could affect my blood pressure so quickly and so obviously. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"