Parenting

Anyone have uterine fibroids?

I know they are very common and only sometimes cause symptoms.  I have one that only recently has been causing me grief;(  Can you tell me a bit about your experience and what treatment you did if any?  Thank you so much.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have uterine fibroids?

• I had a fibroid inside my uterus.  Having fibroids outside are more common.  I had surgery to remove it.  Since it was inside, they were able to do an outpatient surgery, vaginally.  It was an easy surgery.  Fine the same day

Depending on how big the fibroid is and if it's outside, it can be done by laproscope which again is an outpatient procedure but has more of a recovery (1-2 weeks). 

The surgery and method will depend on the location and size and future fertility plans.  I highly recommend going to a doctor who is experienced in fibroids and getting a second opinion if needed.

• I used to.  I had a myomectomy, having 17 or so removed.  Six had fused together and were the size of a 16 week old fetus.  I had surgery after my period became unmanagable - I never had a whole lot of pain.  The fibroids were basically preventing my uterus from contracting to stop the blood flow of my period.

Ditto the rec to find someone who is experienced with fibroids.  Most GYNs immediately head toward hysterectomy.  At 30, never married with no kids I was NOT interested in having my uterus removed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"