September 2011 Moms
Options

Growth spurt or "4"mw?

Good morning ladies! Question for you... My lo has sttn forever, with the exception of a small hiccup when we transitioned from the RnP to crib, but she's been back to sleeping really well for about a month since then... Until now! The past four nights in a row she has gotten up around 4:00 am (usually sleeps until 6 or so). We always used to be able to give her her paci back on the rare occasion that she woke up, but now I have had to feed her to get her to go back to sleep. Is there a growth spurt around this age (5.5 months) or could this be a delayed 4mw situation? TIA!

Re: Growth spurt or "4"mw?

• Options
    My gut says GS. You're closer to that vs. the 4mw. Plus, I wouldn't wish the 4mw on anyone!! ;-) We dealt with the 6 mo growth spurt last week and it lasted 3/4 days; waking up three times a night to eat. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD is doing this also. Today was day three of her waking up at 6 instead of 9. I am hoping it's a GS and not her trying to change up the schedule...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Phone wont let me quote but re: "GS and not her trying to change up the schedule..."

Same here! The first three nights I brought her back to my bed to nurse and she slept with us for the next couple hours, which I'm fine with occasionally, but I don't want her making a habit of it! I made DH put her back in the crib this morning! 

Have either of you noticed your LOs eating more during the day too, or just at night? I work during the week so I wouldn't notice cluster feedings or anything, but my mom watches her so I get a pretty detailed report every day and she hasn't been taking more milk than usual.  

• Options
    imagecarolyn6609:

Phone wont let me quote but re: "GS and not her trying to change up the schedule..."

Same here! The first three nights I brought her back to my bed to nurse and she slept with us for the next couple hours, which I'm fine with occasionally, but I don't want her making a habit of it! I made DH put her back in the crib this morning! 

Have either of you noticed your LOs eating more during the day too, or just at night? I work during the week so I wouldn't notice cluster feedings or anything, but my mom watches her so I get a pretty detailed report every day and she hasn't been taking more milk than usual.  

Well actually for about two weeks before this she was cutting back on eating. I posted once about it because I was worried that she was getting enough. Average baby eats about 2 1/2 ounces for every 1 pound that they weigh (so I've read) and DD at the time was about 14ish pounds and was only eating 20-25 ounces instead of the recommended 28-35. I attributed it to teething. However, over the last couple of days she has been finishing her bottles during the day, while waking to eat too. So, GS is what I am thinking and maybe those teeth are getting real close too.

But I too am a little apprehensive because I don't want her waking just because she knows she gets to play for a bit and then eat. But on the other hand, I don't want to force her to go back to bed hungry..

Ahh, the worries of being a parent lol

• Options
    This somewhat happened to us, but for us it's total teething.  For about a week DS would suddenly wake up at odd hours, eat a small amount and go back to sleep. Then the past 2 nights he woke up about an hour or two after we put him down screaming in pain.  Teething is the culprit on our end!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"