Pregnant after 35
Options

NBR: Gray hair

I've never "needed" to color my hair on a regular basis, but ever since turning 40 last year, the grays have definitely taken "root".  I have a bottle of hair dye ready to use as soon as baby is born.

Just curious - when did the grays happen for you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Gray hair

• Options

The greys started for me while in college.  Stress?  Who knows?  After my son was born, I experienced a lot of hair loss around 4 months post partum and A LOT of the new baby hairs grew back in grey.  Yay.  : (    I have been using semipermanent washes on my hair since week 13.  They don't hold the best, but I feel better which counts for  a great deal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Funny you asked...The grays started with this pregnancy....I swear I did not notice all these gray hairs. I wonder if it is the hormones? I don't know but I really think the pregnancy really contributed to it..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me, the teens. Premature grey runs in my family. So, I quit arming about it long ago. I like coloring my hair. 
  • Options

Well before yours!

I really started noticing at 35.  

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

I noticed them when I was pg with my girl at 38. I am 40 now and it seems they haven't gotten worse. I am getting my hair highlighted after my 1st tri.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a hair stylist, well, *was* a hair stylist and I have colored my hair consistently since I was 16. Every color you can imagine and then some! Just before I was getting ready to color my new growth this last time I noticed about 4-5 grey hairs. I don't really intend to lay eyes on my natural color any time soon so it doesn't bother me at all! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm 45 and I haven't started graying yet, however this pregnancy may speed up the process. 
  • Options

I have been getting a few gray hairs since about 34-35, nothing major, I don't really even have to cover them yet (36 now).  I haven't colored since I got my BFP and my grays still aren't noticeable.

Thankfully I take after my dad, he didn't start getting any grays until his late 30's and it wasn't super noticeable until his mid-40's.  My mom on the other had, started going gray in her 20's and had to color by her early 30's because they where so noticeable.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Probably 36-37. I'm 38 now and it's finally obvious that I'm going gray. Now that I'm out of 1st tri I should probably use some henna.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"