Working Moms

switching daycares b/w 7-8 months??

anyone have experience with this? We are buying a house and it is a 25 minute drive from our current daycare so I'll be searching for a new one.

Just looking to see if anyone can ease my mind with how he may react. My DS seems to like his current providers and the other babies, and I'm sad that I will be switching things up on him.

Re: switching daycares b/w 7-8 months??

• Eh, I wouldn't worry about it.  Kids are pretty adaptable  and in many cases, I think that LO's react more to our anxiety/stress than the situation it self.  

We've been through 3 daycares in 8.5 months.  I just made sure to smile and talk to LO before we left the house, while going to DC and then when handing him off.  I also made sure that he had a comfort item - a blanket with my smell on it, a small stuffed/chew toy.  He made the switch fine each time.

GL finding a DC that you like.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenorthtamarack:

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it.  Kids are pretty adaptable  and in many cases, I think that LO's react more to our anxiety/stress than the situation it self.  

We've been through 3 daycares in 8.5 months.  I just made sure to smile and talk to LO before we left the house, while going to DC and then when handing him off.  I also made sure that he had a comfort item - a blanket with my smell on it, a small stuffed/chew toy.  He made the switch fine each time.

GL finding a DC that you like.   

You're probably right! I was anxious before starting him for the first time, but he was fine and I'm sure that he'll be fine again! 

• Loading the player...
  • My LO started a new DC this week, I was way more nervous about it than her!  She had a good first day & so far no issues at all.  Babies are so adaptable, I think we take it harder than they do!Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did when they were 8/9 months old.  I changed jobs so we pulled them out of their old DC at 8 mon and enrolled them in a new dc after they turned 9 months.  I stayed home with them for 3 weeks in between.

It was a hard adjustment for Harrison, but even he was over it in 3 days.  Alexander is my "roll with the punches" baby and he had zero issues.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS was perfectly fine when we switched him at 8 months.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"