Natural Birth
Options

Encouraging Bible verses for labor

While I was in labor with my son, I found the "technique" that helped me to relax the most was listening to Christian music and having my husband read encouraging verses from scripture to me while I was in the tub with the lights low. I was looking up and writing down verses today for my upcoming delivery and thought I would share them in case anyone else might find them helpful.

1 John 4:18-19; 1 Cor 2:9; 1 Cor 13:7; Isahia 52:14; Hebrews 11:1; Psalm 56:3

1 Peter 5:7; Phillippians 4:9; Phillippians 4:13; Colossians 3:2

I can hardly believe I am only 4 weeks or so away from meeting my baby girl! GL to all you ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Encouraging Bible verses for labor

• Options
    thanks I'll have to look them up later....last labor I didn't want any music or antyhing
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    I love this idea! I do remember reciting several verses in my head while in labor though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, that is a really nice idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options

I plan on doing the same. We like to stream our local christian station and they have a gentle praise stream. I used to play it when I went to bed. I think it will be very nice for delivery. I'll post a link below. I was thinking how this birth is just one more thing I can do through Christ who strengthens me. I'm so happy you posted these verses to get me started!

Gentle Praise

• Options
    imagecranberrycove06:

I plan on doing the same. We like to stream our local christian station and they have a gentle praise stream. I used to play it when I went to bed. I think it will be very nice for delivery. I'll post a link below. I was thinking how this birth is just one more thing I can do through Christ who strengthens me. I'm so happy you posted these verses to get me started!

Gentle Praise

This was something I said throughout my pregnancy, plus during delivery!

Also, when I had to be hospitalized throughout my pregnancy, there was a Bill Gaither song I would sing over and over in my head that my mom used to sing to me when I was little. It was the only thing that kept me sane :)

• Options

I found that when I'm in pain or stressed, breathing through it and reciting the Lord's Prayer mentally works for me. I guess it puts me in a zen state.

• Options
    Thank you for those! So far, I had thought of using the Lord's prayer and the Jesus prayer (Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me) to help focus, as I already use those for prayer and in times of stress or upset.  But this is something I could have my husband do! And great idea on the music - he has www.ancientfaith.com on his iphone and we can stream that quietly.  I felt nervous about playing music in the labor room, but now I don't feel so silly about it!  Now to make a list of all the great ideas I get on this board because my brain can't remember anything!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

This is an awesome thread, these are the ones I have prepared so far.

Jeremiah 29:112 chron 15:7Isaias 64:4"My creator is not careless, he made my body to succeed at this"John 16:21

Phil 4:6-8

Any others would be appreciated!! 

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options

Psalm 121; Isaiah 12:2; Deut 31:6; Psalm 46:10; Isaiah 41:10

Praying for y'all. You can do it with the Lord's strength!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Love this!  I was actually planning to do this myself, but this gives me a jumpstart! Thanks!

• Options
    I'm late to the party, but Romans 12:12- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"