Natural Birth

Random waterbirth set up question

So, I I have a utility sink in my basement that is already threaded to attach to a garden hose.  Seems perfect to me, except now I'm wondering if running the water upstairs (only one flight) will cause a problem.  Any thoughts?  I've read that having the water flow backward into the pipes can be a problem, but it seems like if we're conscious of it we could prevent it.  I'm really just having trouble getting all my aerators off my my faucets and using the downstairs sink just seems so easy.

Any one here fill their tub with a sink that was downstairs? 

Re: Random waterbirth set up question

• it seems like that would be more trouble than it's worth and you would need a longer hose. I'd try to find another one....where is the Washer hooked up?
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• It's actually not that bad a distance, we have a pretty tiny house.  I measured it at about 35 feet.  I got a 50' hose because that's what seemed to make sense.  DH still wants to find an adapter for our showerhead though, so we may go that route anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • you can get anti-cyphen valves at any hardware store or big box home improvement for about $5 that should protect your plumbing from cyphening not so desireable water into your drinking water. Then get a Y where you could hook two hoses up to one spigot. When you want to drain the hose (and it might work to cyphen out the tub) you can open the unused end and it will drain the hose so you don't have water spraying everywhere when you unthread the hose. Tada! It will be problem free.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We filled our tub from the bathroom sink which was located in our basement one floor down.  To my knowledge it did not cause any problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"