Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Crying tears out of only one eye...

Hi ladies-

So we just started seeing actual tears from our LO (so sad!) - however, only out of her right eye. I know everything is still developing and blocked tear ducts are not uncommon and usually work themselves out, but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if your LO's were crying from both eyes from the beginning?

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

Re: Crying tears out of only one eye...

• Mine's been crying out of both eyes from the beginning. Does your LO have eye goo in the eye that isn't tearing? I was told my DD's green eye goo is because of having a blocked tear duct, so I massage her eye right at the inner corner to try to get it unblocked. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD only has tears come from her right eye.  Our ped wasn't concerned about it since she doesn't have gunk (like a blocked tear duct).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelorahbora:
    Mine's been crying out of both eyes from the beginning. Does your LO have eye goo in the eye that isn't tearing? I was told my DD's green eye goo is because of having a blocked tear duct, so I massage her eye right at the inner corner to try to get it unblocked. 
    No eye gunk that I can see but I've been washing her eyes with a warm washcloth at bathtime just in case!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• It sounds like your LO has a blocked tear duct.  DS has the same issue, as did I when I was a baby.  Just wipe it daily with a warm washcloth to remove the goo and it will eventually correct itself. 
    Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"