Options

DH recent SA results...

Count- 0.0098

Motility- 26% 

Concentration Motile Sperm- 0.005

Grade of Motility- A)0 B)0 C)26 D)74

Sperm Concentration (which I don't know what this means) - 0.02

::huge sighhh::

We go back on 3/19 for a follow up and decide if we for sure want to do IVF w/ICSI and try to make plans. If we do IVF, the soonest would be this fall. We're 100% OOP Crying

Crappy ovaries and crappy sperm. Eff you IF. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH recent SA results...

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the crappy results, Bran.

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the craptastic S/A.  MFI sucks @$$!  And I know a long break is hard (we had to break for eight months last year).  But if that's what's best, it's the right decision.  Good luck and know that we're hear for you if/when you need to vent in the coming months.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no helpful experience with MFI or IVF, but I do have crappy ovaries. I wanted to say that I'm sorry that you are going through this. IF is so frustratingly unfair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That totally sucks! I'm so sorry... Here's to hoping that IVF is your answer!
  • Options

imagekatib77:
    And I know a long break is hard (we had to break for eight months last year).  But if that's what's best, it's the right decision. 

I think we're both ready for a break. I'm ready to just stop everything and try to enjoy life again. Then in the fall we can focus on IVF. This has become such a gut wrenching experience. Sometimes I sit back and think "is this some sort of sick joke??"

• Options
    imagebranmuffin2112:

imagekatib77:
    And I know a long break is hard (we had to break for eight months last year).  But if that's what's best, it's the right decision. 

I think we're both ready for a break. I'm ready to just stop everything and try to enjoy life again. Then in the fall we can focus on IVF. This has become such a gut wrenching experience. Sometimes I sit back and think "is this some sort of sick joke??"

I found our break to be theraputic (but the first month of it really sucked, until I accepted the idea).  But months 3-7 were actually really great to get back to be us as a couple and not all IF all the time.  Hope you can enjoy yours!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    imagekatib77:
    imagebranmuffin2112:

imagekatib77:

I found our break to be theraputic (but the first month of it really sucked, until I accepted the idea).  But months 3-7 were actually really great to get back to be us as a couple and not all IF all the time.  Hope you can enjoy yours!

Good to know, thanks Kati Smile

• Options

I'm so sorry, Bran.

FYI, concentration is the number of sperm per mL of sample

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

I'm so sorry, Bran. I hope you have a good apt with your RE about options but IVF does seem to be the only viable options with counts that low. Is YH seeing a MFI uro? Do they know why his count is that low? 

((hugs)) I hope if you do have to take a break (I'm on one as well for a while) you can find some comfort in "getting away" and enjoy some time. 

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• Options
    Oh bran, I am so. so. sorry. (((big hugs)))  I pray that you all find some peace, comfort, and relaxation. You all are always in my prayers.
  • Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

I'm so sorry, Bran.

FYI, concentration is the number of sperm per mL of sample

Thanks BP!

• Options
    Oh Bran, this breaks my heart. I am so sorry love. Just know we are here for you!
  • Options
    MFI blows :-( sorry
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageMsGMChick:

seeing a MFI uro? Do they know why his count is that low? 

Yes, he is seeing a MFI Uro at KU Med in Kansas City. All of his BW & US's have come back normal. I guess it's just bad luck Huh?

• Options
    I'm sorry for the S/A results. MFI sucks! Seriously its so hard to understand and I always question why its so difficult to treat. We are dealing w/MFI and I hate not having answers and I hate the waiting game with seeing of things will help! Good luck, I think shortly we will be in the OOP IVF boat with you :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"