Babies: 0 - 3 Months

7 x a day enough?

My LO is eating 7 times a day, she'll be a month old on Thursday.  Is that enough times? I know it is recommended 8-12 times a day but she sleeps a good 3 hours b/w feedings and her first stretch at bed time is 4 hours.  I have forgone that 8th feeding as it seems so difficult for me to fit it in.  I usually wake her at the 3 hr mark during the day to eat as it is.  

How many times are you feeding your babies? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 x a day enough?

• I feed baby whenever she is hungry. I have no clue how many times it is. As long as your daughter is gaining weight - don't stress. If she was hungry she would wake up and let you know.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• 7 times a day is what we do. I feed him just about every 3 hours(I feed on demand) but he skips a feeding at night so he gets 7 bottles.

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr told us to feed when they are hungry.  They eat every 2-3 hours.  More often at night...I have night owls!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenoryang:

I feed baby whenever she is hungry. I have no clue how many times it is. As long as your daughter is gaining weight - don't stress. If she was hungry she would wake up and let you know.

This. I have no clue how often he eats. Just whenever he tells me! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I honestly don't ever count, I just feed her whenever she is hungry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"