Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Target Diapers

I've bought Target brand diapers for my DD since November and love the diapers.  I love how cheap they are and they hold up like Pampers.  I have noticed a change in the quality of the diapers after I bought a package last week.  I still had some diapers from a previous package and noticed that the diapers I bought were a thinner quality and the color of the decorations (circles) was lighter and the elastic bands were shorter and not as stretchy. 

Anyone notice this?  This has caused my DD to leak out on the side numerous times...

Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH

Re: Target Diapers

• I bought my newborn pack about a month ago and I haven't had any leakage problems. But we are using huggies and pampers now (gifts) so I'm not sure if I had a good pack or not. I hope maybe you got a fluke pack and they get better again - because I liked the target ones too! They were so affordable and did an awesome job!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• We bought our first and only package of Target diapers about 2 weeks ago, and we had the same experience. Tons and tons of leaks, plus it grossed me out how I could see the poo shining through the diaper on the outside. They were much cheaper, but never again. I also bought some Luvs and have actually had pretty good luck with them, and they're markedly cheaper than Huggies and Pampers. The only problem is that they kind of reek - the baby powder scent is much stronger compared to Huggies and Pampers, I can smell it on DD constantly. Bleh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We received a lot of size 1 Pampers and Target brand diapers as gifts. We started LO on the size 1 Pampers, which although she weighed less than 8lbs worked great. When those ran out we switched to the size 1 Target diapers and she kept having leakage through the leg holes.. so we didn't really like those ones and stopped using them. To be fair, she was probably still under 8 lbs but if Pampers were able to handle that I had hoped the Target ones could too.

We were since given some Pampers newborns and we're loving those right now. As soon as we run out of them we plan to CD with BG AIOs.

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• We received Target brand Newborn diapers and they didn't really work to well for us either.  I found they didn't hold a pee diaper very well.  Our daughter was over 8 lbs. when she was born so maybe trying the next size up might yield different results. We got a lot of Huggies & Pampers diapers as gifts.  I really like the Huggies out of all of them.  We've been able to find good deals on some websites for the name brand diapers along with coupons though.
    Mayfaerie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • We've used Target brand diapers almost exclusively with no issues.  I do like Pampers better, but the Target's are so much cheaper and since we haven't had any problems I can't justify spending the extra money on them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"