Working Moms

Private babysitter to daycare

Has anyone transitioned from a private babysitter to a daycare?  What was it like for LO?  Do you agree with your decision?  I would like some feedback because I need to start LO in regular daycare next school year because his babysitter has other children that she will be watching.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Private babysitter to daycare

• I didn't have DS with a private babysitter, but he went to a sitter from 8weeks to 18mos. He was the only baby and the other kiddos(4 kids) were at least 2 years older than he was. Much of the week, he was the only kid for most of the day. I switched him to daycare at 18mos because I wanted him to have a more structured environment (sometimes he was just running errands with her). It was rough for about a week. Then it got a little better-he would not cling to me when I left but wasn't excited to be there either for the next 2 weeks. I would say it took about a month for him to really get excited to be there every day and now he LOVES it! HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used a nanny for the first 2 years.  Partially a nanny-share for a period of it.  We switched to an inhome daycare when he turned 2.  I'm really glad we did!  While I liked having a nanny and his having one on one attention, and the convienence of it, by 2, I felt it was time to get him around other kids and in a different environment than home.

Luckily our DC is on our street so it's still really convienent. :)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"