Trouble TTC
Options

Intro... Kinda Long.

Good Afternoon! I normally post on the nest GP board but my IRL BFF posts over here so I thought I would come here too. DH and I are both 26 and have been together since 2003. May 23rd this year will be our 3rd year wedding anniversary and our 9th year of being together.

I went off birth control in December 2009 and at that point we were NNT. In July of 2010 we were officially TTC. I was noticing that AF wouldn't really show up. I would have occasional spotting and was told at the time by a nurse that any bleed at all, including spotting, was AF. So I continued on. At the end of April of 2011 I finally decided enough was enough and I saw my OBGYN. She said that I prob. had PCOS. She sent me for some blood tests and it came back insulin resistant.

I had to get my AST and ALT down before I could be put on Metformin and was able to get them to an acceptable level by August 2011. In the beginning of December 2011 I still wasn't ovulating so I was referred to an RE. I was still having trouble with getting my liver under control so I was also referred to a GI doctor. To get cleared before they would let me start any fertility medications. The RE also wanted me to see a nutritionist to learn how to eat for PCOS and try to lose some weight. From my heaviest which was in April 2011 I have lost 21 lbs. But 16 of those pounds have been since 12/22. The nutritionist had a lot to do with that. Big Smile

So I saw the GI doctor on 02/16 and was cleared to do whatever the RE wants me to. So I went back to the RE the same day and made a plan. I have to take Provera to start AF, which yesterday was day 10 so I'm hoping to start AF any day. Then on CD 3-7 I have to take Femara. On day 14, I go in for an ultrasound to see if I'm responding and I will also have to get blood work mid-LP to see if I actually ovulated.

The awesome part is my RE is doing a research study to see if ultrasound is needed to see if one ovulates on Femara or if OPKs are enough. So I signed up and will be getting free ultrasounds for the 3 cycles that I take Femara... But I'm hoping that I will only need one. FX

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro... Kinda Long.

• Options
    Welcome and GL!
    Dx: LPD, late ovulation;
     July 2012:IUI #6 on 7/28, BFP on 8/9,beta 97, 8/11 189, 8/13 400!!   DS born 4/18!
    9/30/13 - Miracle BFP, released from RE 10/21, EDD 6/6/14, DD born 5/27!
    6/19/16 - Miracle BFP, EDD 2/25/17

• Options
    Welcome and good luck.  That's awesome that you get free U/S as I know how pricey they can be out of pocket.  But that's an odd study - there are more reasons for ultrasound monitoring that just to see if /when you are ovulating.   For example, to look at the size to be able to trigger correctly, detecting OHSS before it gets out of hand, how many follies, possible cysts. etc. etc.  I would not want to be with a doc that does not do monitoring. 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!
  • Options

Welcome!! We have the same anniversary date!!

• Options

imagekatib77:
    Welcome and good luck.  That's awesome that you get free U/S as I know how pricey they can be out of pocket.  But that's an odd study - there are more reasons for ultrasound monitoring that just to see if /when you are ovulating.   For example, to look at the size to be able to trigger correctly, detecting OHSS before it gets out of hand, how many follies, possible cysts. etc. etc.  I would not want to be with a doc that does not do monitoring

Agreed!

Welcome, OP. What was causing the increased AST and ALT? And what does one do to bring those down specifically? If you don't mind answering.

Good luck! 

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Big Smile
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"