August 2011 Moms
Options

holding the bottle?

Hey ladies! It's been a while since I've been on here. Hope everyone is well!  Just wondering if anyone's little ones have or haven't started holding or trying to hold the bottle on their own.  My son refuses to do it himself! He grabs onto my chin with his left hand, and scratches his head and ear with his right hand.  Any time I try to encourage him to place his hands on the bottle, he pulls them away and goes back to his own routine!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: holding the bottle?

• Options
    G would much rather do it himself.  Sometimes he just plays with it but for the most part unless he is super tired he wants to do it on his own.  Makes me sad :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    When I WANT her to, she doesn't (like when I'm trying to feed myself with the other hand...). But she will hold it other times. It's not consistent at all, but she can do it.
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has been holding his own bottle since he was about 4 months old. Not so well back then, but he's since gotten the hang of it and, unless he wants to play with it, is capable of holding it through his entire meal. It's rare now that he's lazy and wants us to hold it for him. He's growing up too fast!
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Our LO likes to hold his bottle but I also can hold it too while feeding him Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Yes and now he likes laying down on his playmat and really being a big boy :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LOL!  Exactly, perhaps my LO could, but doesn't.

TTC#1 2003, 5 angels above, IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2 2012/13? FET

• Options

imagesheryn2:
    LOL!  Exactly, perhaps my LO could, but doesn't.

This!  I have seen DD do it but she is like why should I hold it when you are going to do it for me?  I don't mind though.  I like the cuddle time still.

• Options
    My three year old never held his bottle and DD isn't showing any signs of wanting to either. I'm missed feeding DS SO MUCH once he was on sippy cups, so I'm rolling with it.
  • Options
    DD kinda will.  Then she drops it.  She only gets one bottle a day, so I'd imagine with more practice she would.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"