November 2011 Moms

Lets talk hemorrhoids (tmi)

Ever since DS was born I've had lots of pain pushing out BMs, and light blood when I wipe. I self-diagnosed myself with hemorrhoids after looking it up online. I remember from my birthing classes that people can get them from pushing too hard during labor, but I had a csection and never pushed. I do not have time to go to a Dr right now because I'm a CPA and its tax season. I have been taking fiber and a stool softener everyday and they don't seem to help. Anyone else know of anything non-prescription I can try?? Thanks!

Re: Lets talk hemorrhoids (tmi)

• From my understanding I think you just have to do what you can and let them heal on their own.  I am completely in the same boat as you, I did do some pushing during labor but ended up in c/s, but I've had self diagnosed hemorrhiods since DD came as well.  I've done stool softener and drinking lots of water and it seems to have helped.  Sorry I don't have anything better for you!  I'll be watching this post to see if anyone has a magic cure!
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You may also have an anal fissure... That is caused from straining and will result in blood. Happened to my friend. Try drinking prune juice too

• Loading the player...
  • I had this problem and started taking Vit. C because I was sick about 8 weeks PP.  If you take too much Vit. C it will loosen your stools.  It really helped me.  I don't know if it will help you, but it is worth a try.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I called the Dr and they called in a Rx for a steroid cream. Hemmerhoids are common with pregnancy in general, so they knew by my symptoms that that's what I had. It felt a little weird, but it helped.

Also, eating a lot of activia helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my gosh I was just about to post about this.   I have never had them before but about 2 weeks pp, I figured I had avoided them after giving birth. Not so!  They were more painful than labor and delivery.  I cried every day for months.  I upped my water intake and eat tons of fruits and veggies and that helped.  At their worst I did stool softners and prep h suppositories.  Now I still have a sore bottom and it hurts a little and I still bleed.  I thought for sure they would be gone by know!   I am fine with it though because they were raging for at least 8weeks.  I'm talking crying in the bathroom everyday, really put a damper on my maternity leave, pain.  Now it is just more of an annoying pain.  I wonder if they will clear up in time for me to get started on my next baby!  Geesh!
  • I got them after labor for about a week and then they went away. Got them again about two weeks ago and it's really just an annoying pain. I regularly use the Target brand of hemorrhoid cream and when I got them after labor I continued to use the Tucks pads and kept them in my underwear (with a pad on). I don't know if that is what helped but I may try those again. They are hemorrhoid pads so they may help some.
  • Are creams only for external hemorrhoids? Because I just have the internal ones...?
  • imageAllieCat16:
    You may also have an anal fissure... That is caused from straining and will result in blood. Happened to my friend. Try drinking prune juice too

Happened to me too.  I just thought I had hemorroids, but they never really seemed to get better.  I finally went to a colo-rectal surgeon and he said that I had two, really horrible fissures.  And that I had probably had them since having DS. Tongue Tied I had to have surgery to fix them.  I go in on Friday to get medical clearance to resume normal activity. 

I feel MUCH better.  I know you're busy, but if they don't get better within another week or so, call for an appointment.  It took them over a month to get me in when I called.

ETA:  I only missed two days of work, Friday for the surgery and Monday because I still felt like crap.  I was slow moving and under the weather for about 3 weeks after that.

Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • I had really bad hemis after D2 and she was a c/s also.  I would put the cream on the tucks pad and then put the pad on my bottom and leave it there until I had to go to the bathroom again.

I also had to switch my diet to high, high fiber and the rest mainly fruits and veggies.  It took a few weeks but it did get better.  I can't eat a whole lot of protein and refined flour/sugar stuff anymore though.

• ughh..external, internal...ive got them both. Sometimes I bleed a lot. Prep H makes cream with a tip that can be used inrternally. When iI take a stool softener it messes up LO breasrfeeding :(

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"