Austin Babies

progesterone levels

So I went in to the dr yesterday for a strep test (which was negative although I've been sporting a fever for the last 2 days) and they agreed to do another blood draw as I was clearly nervous.  Well, I felt retarded yesterday, but today I got my results and my progesterone was only 13.9!  So they put me on progesterone today. 

My concern is that this was a full day after the blood draw.  They didn't seem too worried, but of course I am.  How much could my progesterone have dropped in one day?  And what level do you need to be at to sustain a pregnancy?  I'm going in again for blood work on Monday, but I don't know how I'm going to make it though the weekend...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: progesterone levels

• I'm so glad you were proactive.  While I don't have experience in progesterone, I think you are fine.  I remember Tanya1975 having to wait a day to get her results before she started and baby Addison is growing just fine.
  • They like to see progesterone levels at 15, so you're very close! I don't think that it can fall that significantly in one day unless there is something else wrong.

What type are you on? I know that Tanya1975 and kim777 did the PIO shots but I use the vaginal suppositories. So there are several people who can answer questions if you have any.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm doing the suppositories.  I feel pretty gross now, but I guess it's better than a shot. 

When I had my initial blood draw on Friday it was 25, then on Monday it was 20.  Yesterday it was 13.9, though I didn't get the results until today.  That seemed like a pretty big drop in only 2 days so I'm hoping that it didn't drop too low by the time I got the results and started the stuff tonight...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Like Babs said you are just under where they like to see it and I definitely think it is good that you caught it so early. I've taken them all: oral tablets, supps, and PIO. The supps are messy. Call me crazy, but I actually preferred the shots! I'm also willing to answer any questions.I hope everything looks good when you have your next blood draw.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• FWIW, I was on prog pills until week 13. My levels were all over the place too, even on the pills.  Lowest was 7, highest was 30. 

My doctor said she likes to see 10-12, so it just depends on the doctor.

Hang in there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Hey there! They like to see the progesterone levels at 20+, so you are close. The supositories never worked for me so I was PIO shots until 15wks w/both pgncy's. I would be at or around 50 while on the shots. At least you were checked and are on suppliments now! Eventually the placenta takes over hormone production of progesterone (and other things) so  you won't need to take it forever.
  • Just jumping in late to offer support.  Mine went up and down almost weekly, and I, too, had to take the suppositories (and had my blood drawn once a week from 6wks to about 18wks to check it). Hang in there! I know it's no fun and makes you crazy worrying everytime it goes up and down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"