Options

"My baby walked at 7 months."

Co-irker: "So, Evie must be walking by now?"

Me: ?"No, she's only 8 months old."

Co-irker: ?"Yeah, I know."

Me: "Most babies don't walk until they are about a year old."

Co-irker: ?"My baby walked at 7 months."

?

Yeah, right. ?And I suppose that she's reading?War and Peace?now that she's three.

Re: "My baby walked at 7 months."

• Options

I'm sure it *might* be true but I doubt it.  My cousin's kid did walk at 9 months and I thought that was CRAZY early.

Co-irker clearly just wanted to brag.  She knows that no one expects an 8 month old to walk.  SHe just needed an excuse to tell you hers did.  Which I still bet she didn't.

• Options

Oh! Can I play?

Techinal Support rep comes to my work station to fix my darn computer. Seeing the pictures of Finn:

She says: "How old is your baby?"

Me: "He just turned one."

Her: "Oh, my youngest nephew is 2. He started talking at 6 months and now he knows how to read"

Me: "Wow"

Her: "Yup, all of my nieces and nephews are REALLY smart"

WTF? People are so weird. They will take any chance they can to brag to brag. I am perfectly okay with my completley normal, non-walking, non-reading 13 month old. Thankyouverymuch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even if he did... who cares?! Having a mobile baby that young is not pleasant. My first twins crawled at 5 mo and pulled up at 6 mo and it was HELL. HELL, I tell you.
  • Options

Geez!  I swear I was pushing Cruz down so he didn't walk ha ha!

I also love all the questions I get about Cruz talking...um no I'm not having political conversations with him quite yet!

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    Seriously, like jody said, if baby did walk at that age it is much more work. I tried to almost nail Liam to the floor. Chasing around a mobile little one is a nightmare. Better ask if coirker if they baby proofed 'cause they are going to need it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugg! My GRANDMOTHER pulled that on me.

"You're Aunt B walked at 7 months."

I could hear my mother (her other daughter and a pediatric nurse going on 25 years) roll her eyes.

• Options
    Geez! I hope DD doesn't walk till shes like 2!! :)))
  • Options

I know someone who had a 8 month old walker, and I can tell you her life wasn't pleasant for a while. The same kid climbed a rock wall at 17 months! I couldn't take the stress.

I did ask my mom when I started talking, because of DD's "delayed speach." My mom told me I was 4 before she could actually understand what I was saying. It actually made me feel better that DD wasn't talking yet.

• Options
    OMG i would SO not be braggin about a 7 month walker. I'd go crazy.
  • Options

Cruising holding on to things at 7  months is alot more common.  Co-irker needs to get the lingo straight! 

And yes, early walkers are SOOOO much work!  I thought 9.5 months was early.  SHe can climb onto the kitchen counters now.  :)

It's bittersweet how you want them to advance, yet stay "helpless" too.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yeah, a 7 month old walker would be a nightmare... too bad when she said that you couldn't have said "oh I'm so sorry that must have been terrible.. no one wants an early walker"...
  • Options

;0)  I had a 7 month walker and it WAS hell.  He took his first solo step 1 day after turning 7 months.  He was fully walking before 8 months.  So I know from experience that it is definitely possible.

While I of course think my child is intelligent ;0)  in no way does this mean he is brilliant, above average or special.  In fact, not having a long crawling stage has been shown to have impact on how left and right brains work together and some therapists will have children with dyslexia go back to crawling because it helps the brain work properly together.  Fortunately, my son hasn't shown any sign of this, but I worried about it when he started walking so early. 

I don't brag about it though.....as it truly isn't anything to brag about ;0) ha

• Options

Ugg that sucks that she felt the need to brag about it. My SIL does the same thing. She said her DS belly laughed at 8 weeks and smiled at 3 weeks.  While mine didn't smile till over 8 weeks old and still does not belly laugh.

I guess I would just say to her. Wow all children really do advance at their own pace.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"