Trouble TTC
Options

I kinda knew it but it's official....MIF

Hi, ladies!

I have been lurking the TTTC board but I think it's about time to join the board.  We did some preliminary tests recently (Blood work, HSG, and SA so far) although we have been TTC only for 6 months because we are right around 35 Tongue Tied

My GYN told me last week to go see a RE after seeing a result of my DH's SA.  The numbers are bit confusing, but I will find out details when we see a RE in 2 weeks.  I suspected this when my DH told me that he had undescended testes (yes, both!) and didn't have a surgery till he was 7....

Will RE takes care of both of us???  Should my DH start seeing Urologist besides RE?  Thanks!!

Mar-Apr-May/12: All 3 IUI (w/ Femara) - BFN

May/12 IVF journey in the works...
IVF #1 w/ ICSI #1 (Gonal, Menopur & Ganirelix)
5/29-6/18: BCP, 6/21-6/27: Stim, 6/30: ER
7/5: ET 2 5-days blastocysts are transferred, none made to freeze :(
7/17: Beta #1 - 616!!, 7/23: Beta #2 - 6818
8/2: u/s #1 - a healthy seahorse found & one empty sac, 8/16: u/s #2 - one peanut! HB @ 180
10/30: It's a girl!!! EDD: 3/23/13

IVF & Miracle baby blog!
My Cherry Blossom baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I kinda knew it but it's official....MIF

• Options

I personally would hold off until meeting with the RE to set up an appointment with a Uro.  We did not, and saw someone who as it turns out not only does not specialize in MFI but my RE does not consider worth meeting.  Now a year and a half later we are going to a MFI Uro who RE highly recommends.

But also, it depends just how bad the S/A was to develop a plan.  My OBGYN scared me with the S/A report and while yes we do have MFI, it's kind of mild in comparison to others.  So try not to be too down about it until you hear everything about it. 

And finally - I can understand your thinking it might have been YH's undescended testes.  I think any "trauma" to the area can have an effect.  My husband had double hernia surgery back when he was 18 on the "Boys" and I still feel that might be the main reason behind his issues.

But welcome to the board!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

I would def see a urologist and find someone who specializes in MFI. Someone who doesn't can do more hard than good with medications, etc. 

When you find out the numbers, you can post them. A lot of us have a vast knowledge of all things sperm (sadly! lol).  

Good luck! 

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank U for the helpful tips!!!  I agree with Kat and wait till what a RE recommend.  Maybe, we get earlier appointment via RE's reference. 

This is what my GYN told me but counts are bit different from what other ppl posted I think....

Total motile:   51 million (average 200 ~ 300)
    Total sperm:  127 million (average 400 ~ 600) 

8/2: u/s #1 - a healthy seahorse found & one empty sac, 8/16: u/s #2 - one peanut! HB @ 180

IVF & Miracle baby blog!
    My Cherry Blossom baby

• Options

I think you misunderstood, Kati. She had a little typo.. I think she meant you could hold off on the RE until after the uro, not the other way around.

(Unless I'm blonde, which happens. Kati?)  

Your numbers also don't seem low to me. Seems like the 127 million is the total for the sample and the 51 million is what's left after accounting for motility, which makes motility just under 50%. It's not awesome but it's not awful. Given your parenthesis of what "avg" should be... maybe your husband has normal count but low volume? The rest of the numbers are really helpful to have.  

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• Options

I would definitely set up an appt to see a uro. We're experiencing MFI too. The uro that he's going to see is tough to get an appt with so it took a while. His appt is tomorrow morning.

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

MsGMchick:  Thx for correcting.  I totally thought I should go see RE first.  The average numbers were told by my GYN.  I guess those are the numbers she uses as baseline?!  I really need to find out more about it... 

Blueeyes:  GL with ur appointment 2morrow.  

IVF & Miracle baby blog!
    My Cherry Blossom baby

• Options

Anything over 20 million motile is normal (and YH has twice that!), so I don't see a problem unless the forward progression is bad. Sometimes a motility of under 50% indicates that. If the forward progression is normal, then theres no MFI present.

I would keep the appt with the RE.  

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"