Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Driving myself crazy over results..

Sorry in advance for the rambling....

I recieved my bloodwork results in the mail yesterday.  My doctor hasn't discussed anything with me since I was supposed to be going to the MFM for a consult.  We didn't anticipate the wait the MFM had, so now I am stuck with these wonderful results and have been googling all morning.  So far, I tested positive for the following:

-compound heterozygous for the mutations, C677T and A1298C in the MTHFR gene

-Abnormal hemoglobin and hematocrit levels

I was also in the high-normal range for a few other things.  Unfortunately, they didn't test my vitamin levels like I had hoped, so I don't know if I have any deficiencies there.  Hopefully, I can talk them in to checking those as well.

Thanks to Dr. Google, I'm realizing that all of my issues were ponting to this.  I've consistently had 2 smaller then normal placentas, SCHs in both pregnancies, unexplained bleeding, previa in the 2nd, and the first was partially abrupted which is a common cause of pPROM... We are still waiting for the final report on my last pregnancy, but even that abrupted in the end (most likely due to the pPROM though).  Now I am just trying to figure out the infection part.

I also read that the 17P injections should be used with extreme caution in ladies with clotting disorders.  So I wonder, could the injections have pushed me over the edge of that delicate balance?  I was on baby aspirin and folic acid for both pregnancies, so obviously that wasn't enough.  I am hoping they will put me on an injectable blood thinner for the next round.

I feel like I am on information overload and am driving myself crazy with all this.  I just want to know what is going on so I can relax and begin to heal emotionally. We are going to be TTA until at least September/October, but I don't want to have all of these questions lingering. I want a plan.  Ugh.. so frustrating.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

Re: Driving myself crazy over results..

• Options
    Ugh!  I hate that you don't have anyone to make sense of your results for you. I'm waiting to get results back (they said it could take up to 14 days, and tomorrow is 14) but it never even crossed my mind that I might not be able to read them. I just want a definitive answer. Either it was not genetic and this will never happen again or it is genetic and there is a ___% risk that this will happen with every pg (hoping and praying with every fiber of my being for the first!) Good luck figuring out what it all means!  ((hugs))

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
  • Options

imagecareyalis:
    Ugh!  I hate that you don't have anyone to make sense of your results for you. I'm waiting to get results back (they said it could take up to 14 days, and tomorrow is 14) but it never even crossed my mind that I might not be able to read them. I just want a definitive answer. Either it was not genetic and this will never happen again or it is genetic and there is a ___% risk that this will happen with every pg (hoping and praying with every fiber of my being for the first!) Good luck figuring out what it all means!  ((hugs))

Oh man.  I hope someone calls and speaks with you!  Under normal circumstances, my doctor would have had me come in to discuss the results or at least called.  It is the MFM consult that has messed this all up! I doubt she would have mailed the results if she knew that I had another month to go.

I think I am up to a 40-50% chance of another pPROM.....I am so not a fan of those numbers! 

Hopefully you get some good news!!!!

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just posted on another thread that I am not sure sometimes if having access to as much information as we do is really such a great thing.  I guess in some cases it is, but in some I am just not so sure.  For me, I am not sure if I want to know that we likely have a 25% chance of a repeat with every pregnancy.  Of course I can't un-know (is that a word?) it now, but if given the choice, I think I might not want to know....or maybe I would.  How's that for a wishy washy comment?

Hugs Figgs, I hope your wait goes quickly.

Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    (((HUGS)))  I hope you can get into the MFM soon to discuss everything. That's so much to be dealing with all at once, especially without guidance!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling in limbo right now.  I hope you're able to meet with someone and get your questions answered/come up with a plan soon.  Big (((HUGS))).
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"