November 2011 Moms
Options

thumb sucking...

Anyone's LO suck their thumb/finger already?

DD has been sucking her thumb for weeks now, which I'm fine with, but the last few days it's like her thumb is rarely out of her mouth!  Awake, asleep, trying to fall asleep, it's in her mouth all the time, and not just a little, it's like she's trying to devour half her hand starting with her thumb!  I hadn't thought too much of it until Sunday when we were with DH's extended family, celebrating birthdays, and everyone commented on how much she sucks her thumb.

Anyone else have a thumb addict??

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: thumb sucking...

• Options
    DS has been sucking his thumb for a while now. Between that and the drooling I thought for sure he was teething but nothing yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Constantly here. She's been doing it for almost 2 months already. If it's not the thumb then it's other fingers. I like it because it soothes her when she's ready for bed but it's going to be a hard habit to break. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    More like FIST sucking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD would love to but I am trying very hard not to let that become a habit and always give her a paci or her monkey or a toy to suck on instead.
  • Options

imagerockonbeurself:
    More like FIST sucking.

This. Sometimes both fists. She's having trouble singling out the thumb. 

DD born 11/20/11
  • Options

My sons does since birth

Your LO may also be teething.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

DS does - I thought he might be teething, but the pedi confirmed today that he isn't yet.

He sucks his thumb, fist, fingers - whatever he can get into his mouth.  Sometimes I'll wake up and hear him smacking away.  It's easier than the paci - he can always find his thumb; he can't figure out how to put the paci back in.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"