Detroit Babies

Costs, Oakland County

Looking to find out round-about expenses for OBGYN care prior to labor, and labor costs. I know they will be varied due to complications, c-sections, etc. We're working on our budget and running the figures.

TIA  

Re: Costs, Oakland County

• We have HAP insurance so it covers most.  My office visits were $40 each, and we had to pay $500 for the birth.  Without insurance it would of been around 10k.  We went through Beaumont.
  • All my hospital bills were about $22,000 (I delivered out of Crittenton). I have Aetna and paid a little less than $2,000 out of pocket (regular delivery but DD and I stayed three nights in the hospital). Of that $2,000, $600 was part of my deductible ($400 for me; $200 for DD). If I had a more HMO-based plan with Aetna, it would have been less than half that, but I wanted more control of my care/referrals.

Doctor visits were $20/each time. Co-pays on tests leading up totaled about $100-150.

• Loading the player...
  • Call your insurance company.   When are you due?   I had my DS in January, so it sucked because I had not even began to meet my yearly deductable, so I had to pay that in full to start with.  They will charge bill you based on how much your insurance covers and then whatever your deductible are and your maximum out of pocket expenses.   I believe I paid total out of pocket around $1200 total.   That's including all Pre-natal care, office visits, and labor and delivery costs.    My total bill from the hospital was like around $15,000.   I had a regualar delivery with no complications.

• I went through Royal Oak Beaumont, I had C/S (for both babies)my cost were up and around 10,000 and in the end I paid 28.50 (for each deliverly)... yes you read that right. I just paid for the phone usage and food.
  • that 10,000 for both babies....

also I have a Blue Cross Blue Sheild with a PPO and MEBS (2nd insurance) Through my work (free)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"