Health & Exercise

Pregnancy Daily Diet

How do you get all your daily nutrition in without feeling uncomfortably full all the time? ?

I can't live off of V8, edamame, and whole grain english muffins. ?That's all I have room for and it's exhausting to be making mini meals all the time. ?What's a mini meal anyways? ?And I miss eating fish, a lot. ?A whole lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Daily Diet

• Saw your post on the local OC bump board. Congrats on the pregnancy!  Reading your post made me realize how exciting this process was for me. Personally, I slightly increased portions of foods I already consumed (i.e., instead of 1/2 c OJ, I had 1 c, which was 60 more calories; instead of 1 sl w.w. bread with PB, I had 2 sl with 1 T PB, which was 200 more calories). You could also consume foods like nuts, dried fruit, 100% fruit juice, cheese, plant oils like olive oil, starchy vegetables like potatoes or yams.

As far as mini meals go, they're like the typical main meals but using or dividing into smaller portions/meals throughout the day.

So did your OB tell you no fish?  Actually having up to 12 oz of a variety of smaller fish each week is okay. (No more than 6 oz canned albacore tuna though b/c higher in mercury). Just no larger fish like shark, swordfish, king mackerel.  In fact, the omega-3 fatty acids in fish are especially beneficial toward the last trimester for brain development.

Sorry...long post but best wishes for a H&H 9 months!

• in the early days, it's more about making sure you get a variety of nutrients, not necessarily the amount. ?for me, i cut out my morning coffee and afternoon fun snack and replaced them with a piece of fruit or a hard boiled egg or nuts or something like that, and i'm loading up on veggies and whole grains during lunch and supper. ?breakfast is healthy cereal, blueberries and skim milk, and maybe a bit of scrambled egg from my office's cafeteria after i get to work. ?i read where early on veggies, some protein and lots of complex carbs are good because your body is using a lot of energy creating the placenta and all that. ?

i know what you mean though - if i ate the recommended portions of all the food groups, i'd do nothing but eat all day and then i'd have to throw it all up cuz i'd be sick and full.?

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls! This really makes me feel better to have specific ideas of what to eat. ?I'm already emotionally spastic and crying at everything; I cried today when I accidently farted so loud my DH heard it and laughed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check out babyfit.com. I would have lost my mind without this site!  I've heard of some people following the GD diet while pregnant, even if they don't have GD (gestational diabetes). However, check with your doctor first! GL!
  • Great site. I hadn't heard about this before. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"