New Jersey Babies

Dr Bissinger question...

Hi all..  I am new to the board and just found out that I'm pregnant!  I started going to Dr. B for my last annual and really like him.  When I called to make the first appt. they told me that they send you out for ultrasounds and bloodwork.  These were all done at my last dr's office so I'm a bit worried.  Where do you have to go for these? Was this a problem for anyone?  I'm also terrible scared of bloodwork... :(

Thanks! 

Re: Dr Bissinger question...

• Dr B wasnt my doctor, but i am familiar with him.

i went for bloodwork at either Quest or LabCorp. i had my u/s done at maternal fetal medicine - once at overlook hospital and the other time in morristown (office across from the hospital).

piece of cake.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Love Dr. B! Yes, they send you out to the standard labs--Quest and LabCorp. I actually found this more convenient than the office, because they have lots of locations. I work in NYC and could get the tests done on my lunch hour instead of having to take a personal day to go to the doc's office.

Ditto what previous poster said about Maternal-Fetal Medicine. The Morristown one is only 5 min away from Dr. B's office, and as Morristown Memorial is the only hospital he delivers at, I used the u/s as a dry run to see how long it would take me to get there.

• Loading the player...
  • bloodwork you'd go to Quest or Labcorp - whatever your insurance covers.  US's you go to the maternal fetal med group in Morristown - they have amazing equip there... it's an MFM/Peri office, which is a specialized type OB - so if there are any issues with your scans- the doc will come in and talk to you- and deals in high risk all the time, so it's the best place to be for a scan.

Dr. Bissinger is wonderful - don't let blood/Us make you not go to him... most OB's in the area send you out for both - so it's odd you had an OB that did both in the office before, actually.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"