***Sweetpea*** — The Bump
Military Families

***Sweetpea***

Hi Sweetpea,

I think I read that you're a teacher here in Norfolk. I don't know if you can help me but I need some assistance in finding a good daycare. Any ideas would be grateful. We live right in Norfolk.

Thanks,

Leah 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ***Sweetpea***

• Hi Leah,

I was a school counselor in VA Beach but am currently staying home. 

I don't have any personal experience with daycare, but I have heard wonderful things about ODU's daycare program - http://education.odu.edu/esse/academics/specprog/cdc.shtml

Good luck!

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Thanks so much.. I have already put our name on the list and live only a few minutes from ODU. I visited them but couldn't get a "vibe" one way or the other.

How long have you been stationed here in VA? When are you due to leave?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We were here for 5 years between 2003 and 2008, then were in Pax River until 2011 when we came back.  So we have been here for about a year on these orders, but have lived in the area a total of 6 years :).

Right now our orders have us here until this time next year.  We're not sure if we will try to stick around or not.  DH flies E2-Cs (the plane with the dome) and most of the squadrons are located here... so...  "we'll see"!

What about you? 

Where do you live?  We are in Larchmont so also about 2 minutes from ODU.

If you need more daycare options let me know!  I can always ask around.  I had a friend who really liked a daycare in the Kempsville area but I don't think that is an option for you.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards