Baby Showers

Tacky shower prize?

I was trying to think of prizes for games and I really didn't want to do the same old bottle of lotion or stinky candle or even candy. In place of those gifts my thought was to get $5-10 gift cards from various places (Starbucks, Target, Bath and Body etc.) and put them in a basket. Then when someone won a game they would pick an envelope out of a basket and one of those gift cards would be their prize.

Tacky or Smart?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tacky shower prize?

• I really like this idea. It was a nightmare trying to decide on prizes for my friends shower that we had in January. She had no idea what she wanted and her mom was incredibly uninvolved. These are cute and easy.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Perfectly fine.  Guests don't really expect a lot from shower prizes... No one goes to a shower because they think they're going to win something truly awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Exactly. People will be happy to get anything, especially something they will actually use.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Smart! I think it's a great idea, and more useful than the usual lotion/candle items.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of the prizes i'm giving at my sister's shower is a lunch tote with a Subway gc inside. I think gc are a great idea.

• I love this idea - I hate the stupid lotions and crap that usually get given as shower gifts.  I love that this is so practical and easy!! 

Great Idea Yes  (I actually might tell my mom about it Big Smile )

• Smart!

Just make sure you get cards for places where it is normal to spend less than $10 like Starbucks. $10 to a department store might be odd. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • That sounds like a great idea to me.  We use scratch off lottery tickets almost always now since when we've done that in the past the guests LOVED the idea.
  • Like it!
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • LOVE IT!!!!!
  • I really like this idea. I might have to steal it:)
  • imageKrissyMiss:
    Smart! I think it's a great idea, and more useful than the usual lotion/candle items.

I agree.  I may use the idea in the future. Very smart idea!!

Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I would like a GC to starbucks way more than a candle, jmo... i think ts just fine
  • imageeclipselova4eva:

I was trying to think of prizes for games and I really didn't want to do the same old bottle of lotion or stinky candle or even candy. In place of those gifts my thought was to get $5-10 gift cards from various places (Starbucks, Target, Bath and Body etc.) and put them in a basket. Then when someone won a game they would pick an envelope out of a basket and one of those gift cards would be their prize.

Tacky or Smart?

Im doing the same exact thing...good idea ;)

• Very smart! I have friends with a lot of allergies to lotions and soaps, so my mom is doing gift cards too for my shower.
  • I think it's a great idea.  I have to admit, I'm guilty of "forgetting" to take candles, lotion, etc with me when I leave a shower if that's the prize I've won.  Embarrassed  I just don't want that junk.  But a gift card to Starbucks!?!?  WooHoo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"