Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Does 2 weeks really matter? - formula to milk

DD2's birthday is March 9th. She's on formula and will be switching to milk. Does waiting the two weeks really matter or can we start weaning her off now? Believe it or not, I forgot when we started with DD1.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does 2 weeks really matter? - formula to milk

• Oh, I guess I should have put *Do* instead of Does. 
  • My thought would be that it doesn't matter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekatlizabeth:
    My thought would be that it doesn't matter. 

This, DS pedi said anytime between 11-12 months so I would do what you think is best. Good luck

• Nah. Nothing magical happens at 12m that makes babies suddenly able to tolerate cow's milk. Try mixing it in with formula now if you want. I'm pretty sure I'm going to start mixing CM with BM within a couple weeks because my stash is dwindling. 
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I would probably just mix formula and CM and start out slowly to get LO used to the difference in taste/consistency. If there is going to be an intolerance there will be one whether you wait 2 weeks or not.
  • For what it's worth DS has been drinking milk out of a cup since 10 months. He still nurses and is only practicing with the cup but if there's not allergy, go ahead. 
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Two weeks is not going to make a difference to if there is an allergy or not. I would go ahead and start mixing it to get him used to it!
  • We will probably start a week or so before her birthday, with replacing one of her bottles (probably the afternoon bottle) with milk. We won't mix, just give her milk. We never mixed with DS and he switched with no issues. Only advice our pedi gave us when we switched DS was to start off with a small amount per day (4 oz or so) and increase over about a week as the CM can sometimes be hard on the tummy at first.

• Naw, we introduced it at 10 months, and started replacing bm/formula during the day two weeks ago when DD started daycare. Now, if she didn't like milk or showed signs of intolerance, or if we had concerns about her weight/health, it'd be a different story.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageAmyNicole622:
    For what it's worth DS has been drinking milk out of a cup since 10 months. He still nurses and is only practicing with the cup but if there's not allergy, go ahead. 

My LO will be 11 months next week and as of last week I have been mixing in WCM with her formula.  I put an ounce or 2 of WCM with her formula once a day.  My pedi said that was fine.

• My ped told me we can start giving B WCM now and he is 10 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"