Blended Families
Options

SD is engaged.

A mutual friend messaged me on facebook and said, "It makes me SICK that she's engaged to that guy!!"

We had no idea. She still is not talking to DH.

All I can think is that I wish her well because I know this is exactly what she wants and what she has chosen time and time again.  I have no other feelings about it except how grateful I am that I don't have to be a part of the planning and the on again off again wedding drama. 

Thank you Jesus. 

Re: SD is engaged.

• Options
    Wow. I hope to god that at some point she realises how awful this guy is and gets the eff out. I'm glad you're out of it now though, you can only help people who want to be helped.
  • Options
    Am I that cynical to think that her "engagement" is a ploy to get Daddy to notice her?
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIlumine:
    Am I that cynical to think that her "engagement" is a ploy to get Daddy to notice her?
    I think you called that One right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're going to have to be careful about your posts if she signs up for theknot.  On the plus side, if she gets a knot ID and you find out what it is, you can post it and people can follow her and try to talk some sense into her!
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Options
    And yet again, they are cut from th same mold. Can we ship out SD's off for some common sense boot camp?
  • Options
    OMG..I didn't see that one coming.
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • Options

imageWahoo:
    You're going to have to be careful about your posts if she signs up for theknot.  On the plus side, if she gets a knot ID and you find out what it is, you can post it and people can follow her and try to talk some sense into her!

I thought the same thing.  I may go back and delete all of my messages because she might end up here.  I know you guys would spot her in a second too.  Then again, the knot ladies will make short business of it and tell her EVERYTHING she will not want to hear. She won't last long on any of the three sites.

I am sure she's doing this for lots of reasons but attention in general is the goal.  That, and she's probably trying to lock down some security because we are no longer offering her a home and her mother is no longer capable.

I am not sure what this guy's motive is because he's kicked her out many, many, many times.  Typical abusive, manipulative, narcisstic behavior I guess.

It's not my job to figure it out or pick up the pieces anymore. 
    It never was.... 

• Options
    His goal is probably control, he kicks her out when she stands up to him. Sad but not your issue. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    wow! never saw that one coming! and again another ploy for attention...

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"