Secondary IF

Trigger question

I have an appt on Monday morning for blood work and an U/S and we decided to try a trigger shot this month before our 3rd IUI.  Do they usually give you the shot in the office or will my husband have to do it for me?  Anyone have any really bad side effects with the trigger shot?
DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

Re: Trigger question

• I got my first trigger shot on Thursday.  They gave it to me in the office once they confirmed on the ultrasound that I had a mature egg.  It didn't hurt AT ALL and I didn't/haven't had any side effects.  Hope your appointment goes well!
    TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013
  • The nurse gives me my trigger at the office, I go to the pharmacy and get it then bring it in for them to inject. (thank god because DH wouldn't be able to do it!)

When I was on clomid I had a horrible migraine from the trigger but this month was my first cycle with Femera and trigger and no side effects.  Once I get the trigger and am starting to ovulate my ovaries do feel really swollen and huge but it only last about 24 hours or less.

Good luck, I triggered Thursday and did IUI Friday.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We always do triggers at home. We always used ovidrel and since it's hcg it makes me feel pg. sore boobs, tired etc.  Those effects usually go away by 10 days after. 
    DS 3/10/08 Mc 6/10, 9/10, 2/11 Ivf #1 3/2/12- BFP
  • ThE two times we did it, I had to give myself the injection because DH is very queezy and I am a former nurse so it didn't freak me like it did him.  First time I had the nurse draw a box on my hip so I knew where to aim.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH did ours - he was really god at it!  Helps to have a little cushion in the middle... hee hee.  No worries, you'll do fine!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"