Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Scattered and Random Sleep Wake Ups

For the most part, we are incredibly lucky that our daughter STTN. She will STTN roughly about 85% of the time. However, once a week or once every few weeks, my daughter wakes up in the middle of the night. I honestly never know how to handle those wake ups--because they aren't consistent and regular, so I don't think sleep training would work. But I can't figure out the trigger for them either--is she hungry that night? Teething? Bad Dream? Just a bad nights sleep? Gas? I mean, when she wakes up-she will fuss or play in the crib for an hour or even longer, but won't go back to sleep on her own. 

I typically end up changing her, feeding and rocking her to calm her down--and put her down drowsy, but even so sometimes it will take an hour or two for her to fall back to sleep. And since they are so inconsistent, I don't actually know what is causing them.

Any tips? Recommendations? 

My daughter is my hero.

Re: Scattered and Random Sleep Wake Ups

• Options

DD STTN about 95% of the time. Maybe once or twice a month she will wake up in the middle of the night. I usually nurse her back to sleep. Since it's so inconsistent, it doesn't bother me at all.

I remember you once posted that your LO woke up too early in the morning. That's what we're going through now- I just posted about it. For the past few days, it's been a 5:00-5:30am wakeup around here, ugh! Was that just a temporary phase for your LO? Did you do something specific to get her to wake up later?  Mama's tired, lol!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Unfortunately--it never was a temporary thing with my LO. Her saving grace is though when she has the random middle of the night wake ups--she sleeps in until 6:30! I know, small pleasures---:)

With her awake around 5:30--I refuse to get her from her crib until 6am. Many times she will drift off to sleep. I mean she sleeps wonderfully--she goes to bed between 6:00-6:30 and when she does sleep through--goes right until about 5:30.

Unfortunately from my family's stories--I was the same way. I was (and still am somewhat!) an early bird. Except when I was a teenager. LOL.  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStarearedkid:

Unfortunately--it never was a temporary thing with my LO. Her saving grace is though when she has the random middle of the night wake ups--she sleeps in until 6:30! I know, small pleasures---:)

With her awake around 5:30--I refuse to get her from her crib until 6am. Many times she will drift off to sleep. I mean she sleeps wonderfully--she goes to bed between 6:00-6:30 and when she does sleep through--goes right until about 5:30.

Unfortunately from my family's stories--I was the same way. I was (and still am somewhat!) an early bird. Except when I was a teenager. LOL.  

When DD has those random, middle-of-the-night wakeups, she too will sleep later in the morning... until about 6:30 as well. It's great, lol. It's almost tempting to wake her up myself to nurse her around 3 am or something and then hope she goes straight until 6:30, lol. But I wouldn't have the guts to do that- I don't want to mess up her pattern!

I can't complain about her daytime naps, though. She usually takes two naps of about 2 hours each. Right now, she is actually at 2.5 hours straight for her first nap, and she's still sleeping!

• Options

When DD has those random, middle-of-the-night wakeups, she too will sleep later in the morning... until about 6:30 as well. It's great, lol. It's almost tempting to wake her up myself to nurse her around 3 am or something and then hope she goes straight until 6:30, lol. But I wouldn't have the guts to do that- I don't want to mess up her pattern!

I can't complain about her daytime naps, though. She usually takes two naps of about 2 hours each. Right now, she is actually at 2.5 hours straight for her first nap, and she's still sleeping!

Our daughters must be one and the same...We are at the 2.5 hour nap point as well! She went down a few minutes before 10am :) Although typically it is REALLY hard for us to get her to take a second nap--which is why she goes to sleep so early at night. 

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options

Our daughters must be one and the same...We are at the 2.5 hour nap point as well! She went down a few minutes before 10am :) Although typically it is REALLY hard for us to get her to take a second nap--which is why she goes to sleep so early at night. 

LOL ... I'm sure DD will be waking up any minute now :)

• Options
    She is starting to wake up now...I was so nervous to get anything done because I didn't want to wake her up :) 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options

imageStarearedkid:
    She is starting to wake up now...I was so nervous to get anything done because I didn't want to wake her up :) 

Yep. We're all up and playing again over here, lol... Same Schedule! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"