Special Needs

My child is the most confusing thing ever

We get a preliminary diagnosis of PFAPA after fevers of 105+ for 4-5 days EVERY 2 weeks.  The doctor wants us to try cymetidine because he thinks a T&A is the last step.  We get the prescription in mid december...DS HASN'T HAD A FEVER SINCE?!

DS is consistently tighter on the right side (yet has nothing in his MRI to support this).  Yet, one week walking on the gait trainer the PT has to fight his right leg to take steps, and the next week it's his left.

Our PT says DS presents as a kid with corpus callosum issues (agenisis of the CC is common in his mutation but his MRI's have been normal), he has associated movement and issues with crossing midline.  However, after 1 injection of Botox he started crawling.  On his own, without being taught it and it's perfect (albeit stiff because of the hypertonia) 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: My child is the most confusing thing ever

• My LO is the same with randomly switching sides. One day his L is better, next day it's the R. At this point I think their brains are developing so much and they are working so hard to process things to make the movements happen. They just aren't going to give us consistent evidence one way or the other.

How AWESOME about crawling!! That is very encouraging!! :)

• My kid is all mixed up too. Sometimes his right leg seems to have some dystonia, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes his left adductors seem spastic, sometimes not. Sometimes both and he looks like he'll fall over in his walker, sometimes he can walk with almost no support (and has been taking a few independent steps now). He's crazy, but cute at least :). I think they just like to keep us guessing.

I'm so thrilled that your son is crawling! He's made so much progress since the Botox - it's incredible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"