Baby Showers

need cute ways to gift wrap

my sil is having a baby boy, her colors are light blue and green for room. I don't know what i will be getting her yet but i wanted to wrap it cute, i am pretty sure she will ask for no wrapping paper as her husband is very eco friendly.

any new idea are appreciated!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: need cute ways to gift wrap

• You could use receiving blankets and ribbon... I received one gift like that and it was super cute!

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• imagekclg10:
    You could use receiving blankets and ribbon... I received one gift like that and it was super cute!

I like this idea.  You could also maybe put the gift inside a diaper hanger....they zip up so you could zip up the gift inside it.

• Loading the player...
  • It really depends what you buy.  I was at a shower recently where clothes were clipped to a clothes line, the line was then coiled into the hamper they registered for.  It was adorable. 

If you're crafty, you could get a large light colored storage bin and use paint pens to decorate (one was purchased for DS and we love it because it's light and portable - his says "Gabriel's Toys" and is decorated with a sports theme to match his bedroom).  Since they bought it from a fancy boutique, it was a stand-alone gift, but if you're crafty you could easily duplicate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've seen the receiving blanket idea and also a diaper bag filled with items.  For my shower someone brought a baby bathtub filled with towels, wash cloths, baby wash, powder, toys, etc.  It was wrapped with kind of a "shrink wrap" so not how "green" that is. 
  • How about aden + anais wraps? That would be beautiful. I am tucking away a mental note for next time! Please post pictures when you figure it out. Wrapping paper is such a waste!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom put my shower gifts in a basket, with an identical basket on top, tied so it's enclosed.  The baskets were to fit on the shelves of my changing table. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKimbus22:
    I second the reusable storage bin idea.  I got one of those full of things and it was great.  Now I wish I had 5 more because we have way too much junk all over the place :)

This. A close family friend got us two bins  stuffed with stuff.  Her husband is artsy and she had him paint our daughter's name on the bins in a pretty design.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tend to give reusable wrapping.  I usually give some sort of basket or bin (like pp suggested) and then use a blanket like I would tissue paper to "wrap" the contents. 
  •  Just finished wrapping for a friends baby shower! I used receiving blankets for the wrapping on the larger item, put it in a foldable tote from target, rolled up the clothes and put ribbons around them, topped it off with a cute sensory stuffed animal and wrapped the whole thing in celephane wrap which is really easy to get now that Easter is approaching. I'm so excited!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"