Pregnant after 35

I just turned 35 and I have a 9.5 month old

What a great site!  I'm a first time 35 year old mommy of a 9.5 month old. 

I'm open for questions for those who are expecting their first.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: I just turned 35 and I have a 9.5 month old

• No questions but welcome and glad to have the 35+ mommies hanging out here!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Hi and Welcome!  It's nice to have mommies here, too.

I have a question...what has been your experience with other moms and socializing with your baby?  Do you have friends who are older moms, too?

I'm just thinking that I only have one friend my age who has a young baby and she lives an hour away.  I'm wondering if I will be able to find people my own age with kids for "play dates" and just to have as friends and get advice from, etc.  But I'm expecting the other moms to be in their 20s and I wonder how much I'll have in common with them.

• Stfne,

I have met a couple of moms who are around my age or slightly older with young children (their first).  We get along great. 

I have also met other moms who are younger than I am (in their 20's).  We get along fine too but I know that I have a different background experience than them (more life experience, more years of professional work, not really planning on a child #2, etc.)  I try to find common ground with the moms in their 20's such as spiritual faith, personality similarities and motherhood experience in general.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"