1st Trimester
Options

Pickled ginger for nausea?

As in sushi ginger.....  Has anyone tried it?  I love the stuff and can eat it all day, but haven't tried it since I became pregnant.  Thinking of going across town to buy a jar..... tia :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Pickled ginger for nausea?

• Options
    Ginger has natural anti-nausea properties - I used candied ginger quite a bit in my first pregnancy to help with nausea.  I imagine that pickled ginger would also work, though I never tried it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I couldn't stand the candied ginger, but you can also buy just whole fresh ginger, peel it, dice it, and take it like a pill.  Making a ginger tea- Boiling water and soaking the ginger in it works as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepoison489:
    I couldn't stand the candied ginger, but you can also buy just whole fresh ginger, peel it, dice it, and take it like a pill.  Making a ginger tea- Boiling water and soaking the ginger in it works as well.

This. I used to drink mine in tea form when I was having bad m/s and it worked great.  

• Options
    My friend is going to nursing school.  She said the pickled ginger is good for nausea.  I have not tired it though.
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It worked when I was pregnant with DD but not this time. This time I made ginger tea, used candied ginger (only works for like 5 min) and rested. I notice it's a lot worse if I'm tired.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"