Northern California Babies

How many years of preschool? POLL

If your child had preschool prior to K, how many years?

How many days a week ? 

How many hours ? 

Re: How many years of preschool? POLL

• For actual preschool we did 2 years and that included summer school.  She started right when she turned 3.  She went from 12-3pm 5 days a week. 
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Baz starts in the fall, he'll be 2.5 and will go twice a week from 9-12:30. No summer to start with, but that may change as he gets older. The amount of time he's there will increase as he gets older. His preschool feeds into elementary school, but I can't remember if kinder is a full day or not. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When my son goes to school he'll have been in preschool (not daycare) for 3 school years and we go to their summer "camp" sessions.  We do full day M-F and ciriculum starts at 9 and runs to about 4.  We do before/after school care so he's there playing around 7:30 and we pick up by 5:30.

This school accepts children for the new school yr in Sept that turn 2 by the previous June 30.  It one of the only schools I found on the peninsula that offer before/after school care for preschool aged children. It matriuclates up to a K-4 private school.

• Ori started at 2.5. So it was 2 years roughly. She started out at 2 days a week for about 3 hours. Then she moved to 2 days a week, 8:30-3:00pm. Now she goes 3 days a week 8:30-3:00 then to daycare from 3:00 to 5:30. She absolutely loves it and has from the very beginning. Next year, Kindergarten 5 days a week, full day! She can't wait.
  • 2 mornings a week when he was 2, 3 mornings when he was 3, 4 afternoons of Pre-K at 4. So three years total of preschool.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Grey did 1 and a half years, and summer session. 

The first 6 months he did 2 days a week, 9 - 12:30

The rest of the time (including summer) he did 3 days a week, 9-12:30...but there was an after care option so I usually left him until 1pm or 2pm, because he loved it so much. 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Both boys will have had three years + summers. They both also attended the Mommy and Me Class at the same school (not sure if that counts as preschool).

Jake currently goes two mornings a week 9 to 11:30, Ty four mornings 9 to 11:30 (as well as an hour of EI a week). Ty will attend the summer program that is geared for kinder prep. Depending on the day, the boys might stay as late as 12:30/1 in the after school care.

• DC #1 started just 2 months shy of 3 yo and was in it for 2 years.  5 days a week, full time.

DC#2 started at 2.5 years on the dot and goes 3 full days a week.  I'll probably drop him to 2-1/2 days in the summer.  He'll go until he turns 5 and starts kindergarten.

• starting at age 2, 5d/week from 7am-6pm.
  • Andrew will have had 1 1/2 year prior to starting transitional kinder so I guess if I count that as preschool as well then 2 1/2 years.

I expect Cooper will have 2-21/2 years.  The difference is due to one Nov. bday and one Feb bday.

• JLK is in a art/science thing right now we just started. Its 2 days a week 3 hrs a time. Next year we will do real preschool 2 days a week 3 hours a class till december then re-evaluate and maybe up her to 3 days a week,

So one yr 2 days a week 3 hrs a class for sure. Then maybe 3 days a week 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If your child had preschool prior to K, how many years? 4 years

How many days a week ? 3 days a week until next year, 4 days a week

How many hours ? first 2 years were 2 hours/day; this year and next year 3 hours/day

this is for DS1, DS2 will only have 2 years of preschool

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Simonah started after 4 years old and had less than a year.  She had 2 half (4 hr)days/week.

Maleah started at 3 years old and will have about 2 years of preschool.  She goes 2 full (9 hr) days and one half (3 hr) day each week. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • If your child had preschool prior to K, how many years? It will be 3yrs.

How many days a week ? 

1st yr 2days

2nd yr 3 days

3rd yr 4 days

How many hours ? 

3 hours each day

• Charlie starts preschool in the Fall, he will be 2.5. He will go 2x a week from 8:30-11:00. We plan to enroll him in a different preschool the following year (he's too young to go there now). I'm not sure what their schedule is like but I'd like to move him to 3 days a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EJ will be starting in the fall at 2 years and 9 months.  He will be doing either 2 half days or 2 full days.  We have not decided yet.

He will do 2 years pre-school, one year at 2 days a week (most likely half days) and 1 year at 3 half days a week, 1 year pre-kindergarden which is 4 half days, and 1 year kindergarden 5 half days.  The preschool is independent of the pre-k we plan to send him to.  The pre-k school is pre-k to 8th grade which is the plan with that.

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ryan started at 2.5 yrs, twice a week for 2.5 hours.  6 months later, he was at 3 days.  At 4.5yrs, he was going 5 days a week for 3 hours.  Aaron started at 2.5, 2 days a week, then went to 5 days at 3.5.  Next year, at 4.5yrs, he'll only be going 4 days.
  • DS started at 2y3m going 3 days for 4 hours. At 3+, he added one full day to that and at 4+ he'll likely go 5. When he starts kinder at 5 he'll have three full years of preschool. 
  • imageAvaLikeLava:
    starting at age 2, 5d/week from 7am-6pm.

Same here. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"