Blended Families

Update: The battle marches on

The judge ruled that we get EOW and hopefully overnight stays by years end.  Now this would be awesome if we weren't going be 5-6 hours away.  So we get to drive in EOW and get lodging with a 10-11 month old. I'm a little confused because we go back before the judge in August yet over nights aren't suppose to occur until November.  I am not sure why August instead of after night visits.

Apparently DSD has been seeing a therapist for "panic attacks" brought on by the mere thought of spending time with us.  This is utter crap because she has spent many overnight with us and while with us she's perfectly fine.  I do see DSD changing and becoming more withdrawn.

Fighting for custody is draining on many levels, but she's more than worth it.  I talked with DH about DS and I finding a place in our hometown(where DSD is) and him driving up for visits.  This will help cut down on lodging and pet-sitting costs.  Also, I feel it'd give DS stability and allow us(DS and I) to interact with DSD more.  I would travel to DH seeing as its only 6 hr(at tops) but not EOW.  Any suggestions/opinions on this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update: The battle marches on

• yikes! looks like some sort of move is in order! 6 hours is just too much! I couldn't imagine uprooting an 11 month old like that!

atleast DSD is in therapy for the "panic attacks" a doctor will be able to tell if they are fabricated by BM or if DSD is really having insecurities

best of luck in august! seems like they will just be doing an eval to see how the visits are going to make sure everything will be okay to do overnight visits!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"