Blended Families

SS moved out last night

It was long time in coming. SS was upset when DH kept asking for his school progress report.  I was at a fundraiser, so I don't exactly what happened.  When I got home SS was packing his stuff.  I asked what was going on to both of them, but neither answered me.  SS has only consulted with DH the last 2 weeks, so I wasn't really expecting him to talk to me.  (He's gotten in these moods before).

The only think that DH said was that he was tired of SS "changing his stories" when it benefit him.  The reason the progress report was even involved, was that if he didn't have the 2 D's and 1 C changed, DH was going to take away the truck priviledges.  I know this really bothered SS - so when he finally got hte progress report last night he knew the time had arrived. 

DH asked me to remove SS from our car insurance policy.  He's going to give him a few weeks to clear his stuff out. 

Re: SS moved out last night

• I dont know your back story, but where is BM? Is he moving to her house? Where is he going?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It sounds like your SS is about to get a rude awakening.  Having his truck priviledges taken away is small potaoes compared to what he is about to face. 
  • Loading the player...
  • BM lives in PR with her DH and 3 younger sons. She asked us to take SS when he was 10. She was trying to get her man back, and SS was a handful.  Her DH is well to do over there, and I think she was ashamed to show she had a previous child, not from him.  She plays the "grand dame" over there a lot.

It was already in the works that BM was going to talk to her aunt that lives the town over.  Once he graduates (May 29th). 

I feel kind of funny about saying this but here goes.  I want DH to change the garage door code before we go on vacation.  He isn't going on vacation with us now, but I really don't want him to be able to come in and out of our house while we're not there. 

• Why dont YOU change the code RIGHT BEFORE you walk out the door?

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Honestly, I don't know how to do it.  I'll ask my DH to do it tonight. 

**Monks looks so grown and pretty! ***

• Wow Flo you havent really been around so I assumed things were going good.

What age is SS now?  18 / 19?

Will he still have a door key?  Will he even leave, I mean where will he go?

What are the fears that would drive you to change the garage code?  Do you think he will take the truck?  If you think so then for sure change it, better safe than sorry.

Good to see you X

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePhantomgirl:

Wow Flo you havent really been around so I assumed things were going good.

What are the fears that would drive you to change the garage code?  Do you think he will take the truck?  If you think so then for sure change it, better safe than sorry.

Good to see you X

Yes been really busy at work, they are monitoring us so I have to be careful. 

We have a house key attached to my car keys and a house key attached to DH's truck keys.  However, he can still get in through the garage into the house because he knows the code.  I don't believe he's going to take anything, but it's more of a "you decided not to live here anymore, so you don't have a right to come in while we're out".  It's one thing if he were to call me or DH and ask to get in, which we would allow. 

• imageRealFloF9:
    imagePhantomgirl:

Wow Flo you havent really been around so I assumed things were going good.

Good to see you X

Yes been really busy at work, they are monitoring us so I have to be careful. 

We have a house key attached to my car keys and a house key attached to DH's truck keys.  However, he can still get in through the garage into the house because he knows the code.  I don't believe he's going to take anything, but it's more of a "you decided not to live here anymore, so you don't have a right to come in while we're out".  It's one thing if he were to call me or DH and ask to get in, which we would allow. 

Hey Flo. We perminately changed the front lock and the garage code before going away a week after SD moved out.  

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"