April 2011 Moms
Options

BF-ing moms - have you weaned?

and if you have...how did you get rid of the last couples pumpings? and what helped you?  I pump only in the early AM before work and then right before bed and i'm super duper full by the time bedtime comes around....So which one do I ditch next? and what can i expect! TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BF-ing moms - have you weaned?

• Options
    Nope. I'm nursing right now, actually. It's the "Mommy's home from work" feeding. WhatToExpect.com had some weaning tips that I read the other day. I get their e-newsletter, but I'm sure you could find it on the website. 
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Nope, I haven't either.  I'm nursing about 4x/day on days when I'm home.  I've just decided today that I am going to drop one of my pumpings (I work a funny schedule, so I'm only missing a couple of feeds).  So now I pump once at work.  I was also super full when I got home for him to nurse. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep...working on it now.  I only ebf for 7 months though-then we started solids and formula.  I stopped pumping at that point and stopped nursing during the work day a month or two ago.  We're down to am and pm, but I don't think she gets a lot, so yesterday I started doing bottles for those feedings as well.  (and nursing)

I'm not a big milk producer, so I'm never super full.  I'm not sure what to suggest to you-maybe whichever you choose to stop, just pump a little bit so that you're not telling your body to produce more?  GL. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No.  I'm still BF-ing several times a day and pumping twice at work.  I don't have plans of weaning any time soon either.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Options

I was an EPer and have been slowly weaning down.  I was down to one pump session at night and last night was the first time I dropped it.  I am so super duper full right now I just want to run to the bathroom, whip the girls out and do some manual expression to get some relief.  I had been down to one pump a day for about a week, but I think I may pick it back up and shorten the pump time of that session a little each time over a longer period of time...this engorgement is NOT fun!

I've also heard that putting cabbage leaves on your breasts can help relieve a little of the engorgement.  Not sure how truthful it is or not, but I may be trying it too.

• Options

I weaned and it went pretty well. I cut down pumping to twice a day like you are and then eventually once a day, just in the mornings. I finally had to bite the bullet and just stop. Because I did it so gradually it helped me not get too engorged and it was really on uncomfortable for about four days. I really didnt even have to wear pads.

I've also heard of the cabbage leaf trick but didn't have to do it so I have no idea if it works

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am still EBF, but I plan to drop one pumping session at school next month. Right now, I pump 3x a day at school to keep up with her bottle demands for the sitter. I never made it this far with DD #1, so I am clueless when it comes to weaning. I plan to start more next month and hopefully the transition to CM isn't too stressful on both me or LO. I will probably continue to nurse in the morning and at night for as long as she wants to. (I'm ready to be done with pumping, though!)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagethornyburgs:

I was an EPer and have been slowly weaning down.  I was down to one pump session at night and last night was the first time I dropped it.  I am so super duper full right now I just want to run to the bathroom, whip the girls out and do some manual expression to get some relief.  I had been down to one pump a day for about a week, but I think I may pick it back up and shorten the pump time of that session a little each time over a longer period of time...this engorgement is NOT fun!

I've also heard that putting cabbage leaves on your breasts can help relieve a little of the engorgement.  Not sure how truthful it is or not, but I may be trying it too.

I used cabbage leaves once when my milk came in.  It worked wonders.  Enough to be comfortable, but didn't damage my supply.  I used them for a little bit, maybe 30 minutes.  There was more info in the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by LLLI.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"