TTC after 35

I had a dream...

Last nite, I had a dream I was super preggers (worst superhero name ever). It was the most vivid dream I remember having in such a long time. It was surreal really. I was towards the end (or so I assume, I had a pretty big bump), my feet were swollen, my back hurt, and I was super hormonal.

Then I woke up, and I was sad. That took me by surprise.

Husband and I have been talking, and even though we have been trying to be very chill on the subject, I find myself thinking more and more on what would happen if this did not happen. I am trying to leave it in the hands of the universe (in that whatever happens, will happen for a reason), but I am finding increasing frustration on the subject. I am trying not to let it get to me and all I can think of is that Biology is a ***.

What are somethings that you guys do to try to take your mind off of this and relax? I am thinking of taking up Crossfit...or kickboxing. :D

"I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I had a dream...

• I'm sorry.  I had that dream a few weeks ago and woke up crying.  

I knit a lot.  It's a good hobby because I can do it while with DH.  I also clean when stressed.  My house is starting to look really clean.  

Biology is a jerk.  We used to want 4 kids and now I would be happy with one.  :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have good days and bad days.

I started meditating a couple of months ago and that seems to help.  I do a guided meditation off of meditation oasis dot com. I also try to exercise at least 5 times a week.  I walk and do the 30 Day Shred.

Sorry you are having a rough time.  Biology is a b-tch though for sure. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Biology does suck!

I quilt a lot and walk to keep my mind of things.

Me- 37, DH- 32. TTC- June 2010- Adoption journey started April 2012 image
  • Another knitter here.

I used to make baby blankets for friends that were expecting, but I just can't work on those these days.  I have been on a hat kick lately - for adults, not LO's..... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Thanks for the kind words ladies! I def need to meditate on this. :)

Knitting and quilting, eh? These 2 things my mother does extreamly well, perhaps I should give it a go!

"I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am so sorry, I am sending you good baby karma :D

No more dreams like this anymore!!

• I hate when that happens. It sounds like you are trying not to stress, but your mind is finding a way to anyway. 

If you haven't been trying very long, most likely it will happen for you. If you are a little farther along in the process and yeah, not having a biological child is becoming more likely, it might help to talk about other visions you have for your life. DH and I have found great relief and imagining other happy futures.

Crossfit and kickboxing would be great for relieving stress, but it may not be good to overdue it right now.  

• Not as far as some, but far enough to drive me batty.

Thinking kickboxing so I have someing to punch, lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"