Baby Showers

When to send invites?

How far in advance did your hostess send invites?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When to send invites?

• I would do 4-6 weeks in advance.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 3 weeks is ideal.  4 weeks in kind of overkill.  Anything over 4 weeks will most likely be forgotten - it's not a wedding!  lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I think 3-4 weeks in advance.  Anything more and it will probably be forgotten and anything less will not be enough notice.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think 3-4 weeks is preferred. Anything earlier and you'll end up with guests who have forgotten about the event as a whole and any later and people will already have prior obligations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great thanks.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are doing 4 weeks almost exactly...because I know some jobs that do monthly schedules so I want people to be able to ask off if they need to.
  • imageeav2c:
    I think 3-4 weeks is preferred. Anything earlier and you'll end up with guests who have forgotten about the event as a whole and any later and people will already have prior obligations.

I think this time is perfect.  It gives one a chance to arrange their schedule and find the right gift they want to give you.  I have a shower next Saturday and invites have not been sent out yet.  I guess everyone has their own way of doing things.

Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I sent my sister's babyshower invites out a month in advance. I know some people have a hard time getting the day off from work or have other plans if it's not out in time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"