Philadelphia Babies

Looking For Free or low Cost Child Birth Classes!

Does that even Exist lol... Anyone know of any place that offer Free child birth Classes or at least not so expensive??? Thanks In Advance!!! I live in Ambler PA but willing to travel! Big Smile

Re: Looking For Free or low Cost Child Birth Classes!

• I am in the city, and have had no luck finding free ones.  I am going with my hospitals - and even they cost 155.  Check Abington Hospital, I know a friend who is doing her classes there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Delco offers several free classes along with some low cost classes $25.  What types of clases though are you looking for?

https://www.crozerkeystone.org/classes/event-search-results/?TermId=301a31eb-b459-e011-a42c-00505682182a

Dona Birth Doula Prenatal and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor Childbirth Education Instructor
    Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey
  • Loading the player...
  • When DH and I went, I think it was $125.00 and Pennsylvania Hospital.

I then looked into my insurance and was able to get a $50.00 rebate. 

So see if you insurance covers or reimburses.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Yogapeach- I was looking for classes that assist you with what to expect during birth etc. Thank you I will look up the information now.
  • erind0213- Did you know ahead of time about the rebate or was it something you just so happened to come across??/.. Iam going to call my insurance and see what they say. Thanks for the info.!!
  • @ShenekaSoloman- How long is the class that you will be going for? I know I checked at the birth center and they have them for 278 I believe, But In my opinion that is so much. I know some where has to have them for free. lol.
  • imageMasona123:
    erind0213- Did you know ahead of time about the rebate or was it something you just so happened to come across??/.. Iam going to call my insurance and see what they say. Thanks for the info.!!

I downloaded a brochure from ibx.com  called healthy lifestyles. We have personal choice via independence blue cross, and the form and info were in that booklet.

It was a $50.00 reimbursement. 

If you PM me your email I will email you the brochure.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • bellie Have you tried calling your insurance to see if they cover the class I actually called today and found out they cover it where ever you will be giving  birth at,
  • Erind0213- I actually called my insurance and they actually cover the classes. Thanks so much I would of never thought to call.!!!
  • the link I sent you does offer classes that assist you with what to expect during birth?  In addition, they not only assist you with what to expect but also suggest and teach birthing techniques.
    Dona Birth Doula Prenatal and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor Childbirth Education Instructor
    Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey
  • Its a 3 class series for 155.  I thought that was pretty good as I was quoted at 250 for a Saturday seminar. Hope you found or find something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"