April 2011 Moms
Options

1st birthday???

I didn't want to throw a big party (even just immediate family is over 20 ppl) because we don't have the space.  I was planning to celebrate with just h and I on his bday with a cake some balloons and pictures but when i told my husband and family they flipped out!  So now i feel like HAVE to throw a party.  Problem is...i have NO idea where to start.   Picking a date is hard because the week before his bday my sister in law is due and the weekend after is Easter :(  It's bad when just picking the day is difficult.  I've NEVER thrown a party because we have a small house and only have seating for 4 so i don't even know where to start with the food...   I know i'm over thinking but any advice would be great.  I really with i could wiggle my nose and turn into Martha Stewart for the day.   

Re: 1st birthday???

• Options

I totally understand... I dread planning parties and even with just immediate family (grandparents, siblings and their children) we're over 20 people. I figure if we are hosting 20 people then why not a few more of her friends. I'm sure not everyone will attend so hopefully we can fit them! We live in a tiny place too and have never hosted a party here due to space and the fact I hate party planning. I eloped I hate planning so much Wink

So, my plan so far is the Easter Friday which most people will have off work. Sort of an open house type invite, drop-in from 1-3 so LO can still hopefully get in an afternoon nap! I am going to have veggies and dip, cheese & crackers, buy a big tray of sushi and snacks for the LOs and put some Raffi on the stereo. Cake smash and gifts should kill those 2 hours quickly! Good luck.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can you have the party at a park under a ramada? I would schedule for the weekend before. Does your sister have a pre-planned c-setion that you know for sure she will deliver that weekend?  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't want to do anything either, but family has asked and since we will only be inviting them I said I would do cake and ice cream and that's it.   Our house is being remodeled so i can't invite story time friends over because of the way it looks LOL.  Family will look past all that and our house is small at the moment. 
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagenettie27:
    Can you have the party at a park under a ramada? I would schedule for the weekend before. Does your sister have a pre-planned c-setion that you know for sure she will deliver that weekend?  

This is what we're doing.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    If the family wants to have a party so bad, could you have it at one of their houses?  I will be honest, I LOVE parties so we are having a really big one, but they don't have to be a big deal.  If one of your relatives has a house big enough, then bring some paper plates, napkins etc in a coordinating color, toss in some balloons and a cake and you have a party!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    My H and I were having the same discussion.  Hosting party in family's house in a great idea!  We finally decided to plan a mini vacation where we can spend quality time with her and celebrate just us -mommy, daddy and b-day Girl!  Infants don't remember these events anyway.  You and your little one will appreciate the time away exploring each other, a new place and spending quality time much more.   
  • Options
    We are in the same boat. Small house and all. We have a huge family just immediate so we decided we would do it our house and do it outside. We are doing it the weekend before his birthday which would be the 31st of March. We went ahead and booked the cake since we are getting a bakery in town to do it. Next will be making a trip to party city to get the plates and etc. I think simple is better. We aren't going all out and it will just be snack foods. You could do it the weekend before Easter which would be the due date of your SIL. I wouldn't plan around that, but that is just me. She might not go into labor until the weekend after. If they can attend great and if not then thats fine too. HTH. Good luck!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"