Pregnant after 35

Do you want to know the sex of your baby?

Hey there fellow mellow mamas!

This is great right? So I was thinking I wanted a surprise since my husband hasn't really grasped the whole "I like surprises" thing... what about you? do you wanna know the sex?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you want to know the sex of your baby?

• I'm so glad we don't know yet.
  • Yes!!!  I would know today if I could.  I found out with DD and it was great because I think DH really had been wishing for a boy and that time helped him get used to having a little girl and get very excited about it.  Plus I'm a planner and don't like surprises.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • I wanted to know and we do know!  I feel it's a surprise no matter when you find out.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I am having second thoughts about not knowing.  I was in BRU yesterday and saw the cutest nursery set up but it was for a girl.  I started to understand why knowing might be a little helpful.  I still don't think I'll find out but this is the first time I'm doubting that decision. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We HAD to know.  It would have driven us crazy.  We were so excited after the amnio to find out we are having a girl!
  • Before I got pregnant I always thought I wouldn't want to know, but once I actually WAS pregnant I couldn't wait to find out.  We now know that we're having a little girl, and I think it made it more "real" for both of us to be able to refer to "her" rather than "it" or "the baby."  Plus it's exciting to be able to pick out bedding/clothes/etc and not have to be neutral about everything.
  • The debate has started in our house on this. I don't want to but he does and I KNOW he cannot hold a secret. We still have time...
  • I HAD to know.....it was hard enough waiting until 20 weeks! I love knowing its a little man!!
  • Oh yes!  I so want to know.  I can't imagine not being fully prepared!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I most def. want to know.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • So far, we plan to wait.  We'll see what happens when we actually have the option to find out.
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • I do not want to know.  My DH does either but my mom so badly wants to know.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think so. We didn't want to find out with #1, and I'm glad we had the surprise (at the end of my 20-hour labour!).
  • Nope!  And we have had many opportunies to find out!

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another comment from the doesn't know column...

I am prepared either way.

I will love this child regardless of it's genitalia (husband feels the same way). 

I talk to/read to my child every day as does my husband... not even having a name hasn't prevented us from bonding.

Knowing the sex doesn't change anything for us except the fact that we are NOT inundated with pink or blue.  Well, not yet anyway.   

• I didnt want to know at first. But my BF will most likely be deployed before the birth and I think its unfair to let him go without knowing. We wont be able to find out until Jan 5th. Plus he so badly wants a boy, if it is a girl, he will have some time to adjust :) I dont care either way, just praying for a healthy baby.
  • yes, I'm only 8 weeks along and I'm already dying to know.
  • I'm too much of a planner not to know, it would drive me nuts.  We're hoping to find out on Monday!
  •  We found out were having a boy when we had an Amnio done at 17 weeks. We were both way to excited to wait to find out!
    Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"