North Carolina Babies

Good Body Lotion?

Can you all suggest something for dry skin/nipples (tmi!). My skin is SUPER sensitive and the Palmers stuff I bought made my nipples super itchy, but I noticed my skin is a lot drier now. I was thinking of Burts Bee's but apparently the pregnancy butter stuff contains a bad ingredient and it gets bad reviews.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Body Lotion?

• Are you looking for something for your entire body or just nipples?  Aveeno makes a good lotion for sensitive skin.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had the same problem with my nipples while I was pg... I put lanolin on them and it worked like a charm. If you are going to bf you will want it anyway.

For lotion I used this stuff called Udderly Smooth. Target used to carry it but I can't seem to find it anymore. It isn't very expensive and doesn't smell which I really liked.

• Loading the player...
  • I would like something that can be used "all over" and that is thick enough to really help with any stretch marks. I got a free sample of some jergens pregnancy lotion, but I don't think it is "nipple safe".
  • I would use lanolin on my nipples. Lansinoh makes some, but I'm sure there are other companies too.

I still use Jergen's on the rest of my body, but I mix it half/half with body cream (really thick stuff) from Bath & Body works.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• This may be an obvious question, but why don't you just avoid the nipple area when applying your lotion and then get something specific for your nipples, like Lanolin.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you're planning to BF, definitely go ahead and get in the habit of not putting anything else on your nipples other than lanolin.  Get the Lansinoh brand- it's the best.

I really like Aveeno lotion.  That's what I used throughout my pregnancy.  I had really dry, itchy skin while I was pregnant.  :P

• Mikey, that is what I have been doing. I was just wondering if there was something good as an all over cream that wouldn't irrate me. I think I will look into the Aveeno stuff. I never had this issue pre-pregnancy.

• I really like Cetaphil cream. I use it all over in the winter when my skin is the most dry. I also like that I can use it on my face, where my confused skin gets both dry and zitty. I also like Curel.. GL

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I like the Jergens PG lotion for all over body.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• I have super sensitive skin too.  I used Mama Mio.  It's overpriced, but I really liked it.  After I ran out of two jars I switched to Tummy Honey Butter from BRU (because it was less expensive).  It was so greasy I quit using it regularly though.

https://www.mamamio.com/us/finals/home1.html

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• I liked the Curel Pregnancy lotion while I was pregnant. But I don't think you are supposed to put regular lotion on your nipples. I would just stick with the Lanolin...but it might leave grease spots on your bras if you're not wearing breast pads.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"