Baby Showers

Thank You Note Etiquette - Work Gift

I work for a large company.  My department threw me a baby shower a few weeks ago and gave me a giant tub full of gifts.  I delivered a hand-written thank you note to each person.

Within my company, I'm also part of a task force that meets every two weeks and is made up of about 20 people from different departments.  They met for a regular meeting yesterday, but I was out sick.  Apparently they had planned to have cookies and give me a gift. (No one told me they were going to do this.  I feel terrible for missing it!)  My coworkers left it on my desk today.  It's a small gift - little swim trunks, a shirt and a hat. 

I'm honestly not sure if everyone in the group contributed to the gift but everyone signed the card.  I know that some people opt to write one thank you note for group gifts and post it somewhere, but that's impossible because the people are spread out between 3 buildings and multiple floors.  I'd like to acknowledge the gift as soon as possible, especially since I wasn't there in person to open it. 

In this case, is a group email thank you inappropriate?  Is it overkill to send each person a hand written thank you? (I'd literally need to fill out 15-20 separate interoffice mail envelopes to get all of them delivered. Hand delivering them isn't really possible.)  Thanks!

Off BCP March 2009 TTC since September 2009 3 rounds of Clomid + Trigger, 3 rounds of Gonal-F + Trigger, total of 4 IUIs - all BFNs IVF May/June 2011 - BFP! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thank You Note Etiquette - Work Gift

• A group email is fine.
  • I think a group e-mail is fine, but maybe you can make it a little fancy, like a thank you note - an e-card or something?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For work gifts, a group email is totally fine. 

I'd actually find it wierd if someone at work sat down and wrote me a TY card.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think a group email is fine, or just bring some donughts or cookies to the next meeting as a thank you.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imageLadiebug710:
    I think a group email is fine, or just bring some donughts or cookies to the next meeting as a thank you.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"